We stayed in the Le Meridien in Oct. 2013. The hotel is nice and has a very modern and stylish decor. It was clean and the staff was very accommodating. The concierge did very really good job helping us and getting us a room that was thoroughly clean as my wife is hypoallergenic. It is also located in a good location, we were walking distance from Barta and Chinatown.
We happened to find the Le Meridien during a last minute sale on expedia which made the price for three nights almost half the cost of other hotels in the area at that time. Based on that sale, the hotel was an excellent choice and we were happy we got lucky enough to stay there.
However, our friends stayed in a king corner room at the InterContinental San Francisco which normally is around the same price and had a room that was much more open and nicer with a much more impressive view. In addition, the lobby area at the InterContinental was just as nice if not nicer and seemed to have more going on.
If we had to pay normal price for Le Meridien, we would have been very upset that we didn't stay at the InterContinental instead. For what we paid, we were very happy about what we got, but most likely will not stay there again the next time we are in San Francisco.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A 100% nonsmoking downtown luxury hotel offering clean, sophisticated style blending Italian marble, Australian lace wood, and modern decor. Elegant and simple in atmosphere, Le Meridien is conveniently located downtown near the Ferry Building Farmer's Market, Chinatown, North Beach, and Union Square. 360 guestrooms include 89 suites offering both city and bay views. Hotel offers 24 hour in-room dining, a restaurant and bar, complimentary exercise facility, and limited town car service. All guestrooms offer sumptuous duvets, CD players, in-room safes, High-speed Internet access, cordless phones, minibars, and movie channels. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, 5viajes2012 S.L., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Le Meridien San Francisco reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Meridien San Francisco Hotel San Francisco
- Meridien San Francisco
- San Francisco Le Meridien
- Park Hyatt San Francisco