I visited Le Meridien for a long weekend, 6/21 - 6/24 and found that my expectations of the hotel were fully met.
After a long flight from New York we chose to take a taxi from SF International Airport at a cost of $35.00 for the 20 minute car ride to the Financial Center, where Le Meridien is located. As previously mentioned, the BART train does stop nearby somewhere along adjacent The Embarcadero Center.
Check-in was fast and courteous.
We booked a "Studio Room", #1906, which had great views of the bay and the city, a separate sitting area separated by a large TV credenza, and the most comfortable bed I've slept in, other than my own Temperputic mattress. Bathroom was spacious, with good basic ammenities, a separate tub, and shower. Room was kept very clean, although turn-down service only happened one night.
We chose to go out to eat for every meal, except for in-room breakfast our first morning. Service was prompt and accurate, and food was good; all at the usual elevated hotel prices.
San Francisco is a city easy to navigate, partly because it's only 7 x 7 miles (hence the San Francisco 49ers!), and we found that Le Meridien was centrally located for either walking (which we love), taking one of the electric-powered buses, grabbing a cab, or even the Trolley.
Everyone at the hotel was friendly, and courteous, specially Angela @ Conceirge services. She was always pleasantly helpful with reservations and directions, and even helped us rent a car for a great day out in Sausalito and Muir Woods.
All in all, I was very happy with my stay at the Le Meridien San Francisco, and would definitely stay there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A 100% nonsmoking downtown luxury hotel offering clean, sophisticated style blending Italian marble, Australian lace wood, and modern decor. Elegant and simple in atmosphere, Le Meridien is conveniently located downtown near the Ferry Building Farmer's Market, Chinatown, North Beach, and Union Square. 360 guestrooms include 89 suites offering both city and bay views. Hotel offers 24 hour in-room dining, a restaurant and bar, complimentary exercise facility, and limited town car service. All guestrooms offer sumptuous duvets, CD players, in-room safes, High-speed Internet access, cordless phones, minibars, and movie channels. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, TravelUp and Odigeo so you can book your Le Meridien San Francisco reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Meridien San Francisco Hotel San Francisco
- Meridien San Francisco
- San Francisco Le Meridien
- Park Hyatt San Francisco