the Phoenix is a fine place to stay in the city, particularly if you want to be a bit off the typical hotel grid. Everybody comments on the gritty neighborhood, which it is, but the hotel has an easy, relaxed vibe, comfortable beds, very cool outdoor swimming pool (which nobody uses! come on, people - its heated!), very friendly and helpful staff, and excellent restaurant and bar. oh, and Brenda's is right down the block for a great NO / soul food inspired breakfast (they say French soul food, but the only thing French on the breakfast menu is the toast....). Back to the hotel - rooms are nice, price is right, bar and restaurant attached to hotel is great and, if you have a rental car - you park for free in the "motel" parking lot. what's not to like?
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Funky, irreverent, and young-at-heart, The Phoenix Hotel caters to touring bands and travelers with a creative spirit. A 44 room mid-century motor lodge with a lush courtyard and heated outdoor pool. It's an oasis in the heart of San Francisco on the edge of the gritty Tenderloin and three blocks from City Hall. Guests get complimentary wifi, complimentary onsite parking (one car per room) and complimentary passes to the Kabuki Springs and Spa (Monday - Friday). Show casing original sculptures from local artists in the courtyard gardens, and a one of kind mural in the swimming pool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Phoenix Hotel SF reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Phoenix Hotel, a Joie De Vivre Hotel Hotel San Francisco
- Phoenix Hotel San Francisco
- Phoenix San Francisco