I have stayed in San Francisco for business on a number of occasions before and I have tired of bland or stuffy business hotels, so looked for a quirky one instead - and hit the jackpot with the Phoenix, Chosen mainly because the Psychedelic Furs were included as previous guests on the website, the only disappointment was that Richard Butler and fellow band members weren't there at the same time. The rooms were large and clean with a very comfy bed, the pool area and bar have a nice cool vibe and the reception staff and really friendly and helpful. Yes, the area is on the ropey side, but you can skirt around the dodgier area - even in a suit I didn't feel too threatened any point. If you fancy something a bit different, this is a great place to stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Funky, irreverent, and young-at-heart, The Phoenix Hotel caters to touring bands and travelers with a creative spirit. A 44 room mid-century motor lodge with a lush courtyard and heated outdoor pool. It's an oasis in the heart of San Francisco on the edge of the gritty Tenderloin and three blocks from City Hall. Guests get complimentary wifi, complimentary onsite parking (one car per room) and complimentary passes to the Kabuki Springs and Spa (Monday - Friday). Show casing original sculptures from local artists in the courtyard gardens, and a one of kind mural in the swimming pool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Sabre Hospitality Solutions, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Ebookers, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Phoenix Hotel SF reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Phoenix Hotel, a Joie De Vivre Hotel Hotel San Francisco
- Phoenix Hotel San Francisco
- Phoenix San Francisco