Our very favorite place to stay in San Francisco. Known as the Rock and Roll Hotel, The Phoenix is a true oasis in the middle of the bustling city. This was our second visit to The Phoenix Hotel. My family won't stay anywhere else! What a fun place. What an incredible staff! Especially helpful is front office manager Diana Weech. We had tickets for Wicked on April 30 and, of course, we booked The Phoenix, having had a wonderful time there the previous November. Our 20 year old daughter loves The Phoenix!
Yes, The Phoenix is in the Tenderloin, you wouldn't want to go wandering out alone at night but we feel perfectly safe at The Phoenix. Once you enter the private courtyard at The Phoenix, you're in another world!
Here's what you get: An incredibly clean, comfortable room, with lovely furnishings, wifi, in-room coffee, as well as a nice complimentary breakfast in the morning AND a very reasonable rate. Add in the superlative assistance at the front desk, a great pool and lounge area with fun statuary around, a relaxed, casual atmosphere, the occasional rock star and you have a recipe for a delightful get-away. And did I mention that there is free, and safe, parking?
If you need anything, a simple call to the front desk takes care of it. Staff makes each and every guest feel special and welcome. As a member of the Joy of Life Club, we had a split of Chardonnay waiting for us when we arrived as well as a greeting card from the staff welcoming us to The Phoenix again.
We also enjoyed a superb dinner at the Bambuddha prior to our show. They offer a blend of small and large plates and make it easy for a family to enjoy many different dishes. If you enjoy Asian fare, give the Bambuddha a try. You'll be glad you did.
We already have another trip to SF planned in July so we'll be back to The Phoenix Hotel! Don't miss this gem on your next visit to San Francisco. We recommend The Phoenix to our friends visiting SF.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Funky, irreverent, and young-at-heart, The Phoenix Hotel caters to touring bands and travelers with a creative spirit. A 44 room mid-century motor lodge with a lush courtyard and heated outdoor pool. It's an oasis in the heart of San Francisco on the edge of the gritty Tenderloin and three blocks from City Hall. Guests get complimentary wifi, complimentary onsite parking (one car per room) and complimentary passes to the Kabuki Springs and Spa (Monday - Friday). Show casing original sculptures from local artists in the courtyard gardens, and a one of kind mural in the swimming pool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Ebookers, Odigeo, Priceline, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Phoenix Hotel SF reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Phoenix Hotel, a Joie De Vivre Hotel Hotel San Francisco
- Phoenix Hotel San Francisco
- Phoenix San Francisco