City Center Inn & Suites - San Francisco
US$446
US$222
  • Pool
Comfort Inn by the Bay(San Francisco)
US$217
Good 3.5/5
  • Breakfast included
Club Quarters Hotel in San Francisco(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
US$290
US$235
  • Restaurant
InterContinental Mark Hopkins San Francisco(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
US$254
US$222
  • Room Service
Hilton Parc 55 San Francisco(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
US$278
US$240
  • Bar/Lounge
San Francisco Marriott Marquis(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
US$521
US$240
US$220
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
Hotel Zoe Fisherman's Wharf(San Francisco)
US$329
US$278
  • Restaurant
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 7 May 2013

I was in SFO for a conference and this Hotel was walking distance from the conference place in SOMA. While booking it, I was quite skeptical but in the end it turned out a pretty good deal. The hotel itself is very basic and you need to go out for everything. But then you dont pay for any of those frills and get an affordable place to stay in downtown. Nice clean room, breakfast is nothing but then you walk out to Brainwash on Folsom street. And there are good number of restaurants and bars there as well. If I m going on a business trip and have work in SOMA, thats where I am staying.

Room Tip: If you are booking two room, you might wish to try their 2 bedroom.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank Mani S
Reviewed 15 November 2012

I stayed in room 111 and discovered bedbugs in the sheets, I had a friend with me and we took the bed apart to find it INFESTED with bed bugs, it was three am, we took a lighter and killed maybe 15 of the bigger buggs and put them in a napkin, I took the napkin to the front desk at a time before checkout to show them what I found and request to change rooms nothing more, the lady at the counter was extremely rude after I showed her the napkin with the 15 bedbugs, and actually had the nerve to accuse me of bringing them with me and that that was why they had the infestation. Long story short 8 days after my say in the knights inn the charged my card $200 dollars for cleaning of the bedbugs and for another night.

Room Tip: I would steer clear of this place entirely
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo
8  Thank Maui D
Reviewed 14 November 2012

The front desk clerk seems helpful but he does not help at all. They do non accept cash, just credit cards, and even we had 10 days reservation, he did not give us any any kind of ease.
Very important, If you are picking this hotel because of the breakfast, do not let them cheat you!!! They say continental breakfast! but is a tremendous lie! It a small cup of coffe(w no milk), instant juice and just a danish! Both my friend and I have intoleratn problems: she is diabetic and i am celiac ( cant eat gluten), we told them so, and the only respnse we had back is a 10% discount in a cafe nearby! I cant believe this is the only meal they can offer! Even a yogourth or fruit instead.
I have to say that the room cleaners are very kind and willing.
I Would not come back at all.
The room is small, but fairly clean, although when we arrived the room was so filthy that i almost wante to puke, but we told them and changed us to another clean room, but we were drustful about the cleaning, at last the room is fine.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 November 2012

Front desk was ok, cleaning staff were fine, but the owner of this place, does not care to take pride in ownership. Mold in the bathroom, hair dryer falling apart with electrical wires hanging out, lamp shades melted from light bulb. The most amazing thing we saw was on the front window after 2 nights, this building may cause cancer, pregnant women should not be near this place. Why didint the front desk tell us about this we dont know. Looking through other pictures people have posted on this place, the piece of paper warning about this cancer causing building is there, taped to front window.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
KnightsInnSF, General Manager at City Center Inn & Suites - San Francisco, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2012

Thank you for your review, and actions were taken to fix the items you listed from your reveiw on another site, as owner we are on top of things and take lots of pride, so please do not be mistaken, as frankly, I am surprised you fail to note the new bedding, carpeting, cleanliness and a great staff!

Reviewed 3 November 2012

San Fran. is pricey. For everyone who bags on the Knights Inn for being an expensive dump... I say you'd be hard pressed to find a hotel for the same price that is going to give you luxury accommodations.
Pros:
-Comfortable bed, pillows, linens.
-Our room had new carpet and the main room looked like it was recently refurb'ed.
-Personal bathroom (not shared like some other low cost hotels).
-Close to downtown and action
Cons:
-Bathroom was sketchy
-Shower was even more sketchy
-Front counter staff is weird
-Small square footage

Would I stay there again? Good question. Hopefully by my next San Fran. trip I will be a little better off financially, and I'll spend a little more for better accommodations.

Room Tip: "check to see if the room was recently renovated"
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business