I stay in hotels almost 200 nights a year for work and was booked at this property because the entire town was sold out for a trade show. I never stay at Ramada properties and was actually looking forward to this trip to see what a Ramada Limited was like.
The room was unquestionably the worst, most disgusting I have ever seen at any hotel, anywhere. There were huge amounts of mold growing in the shower, the bathroom had last been retiled in the 70's and had been patched since with tile that didn't even match, and the room overlooked an apartment block that looked like a crackhouse. The furniture in the room had seen better days decades earlier. As this seems unbelievable, I have attached my photos of the room.
I had to carry my bags upstairs as the place had no elevator. To make matters worse, the place is split into two buildings so the lobby is actually across the street.
The neighborhood, even during daylight hours, is filled with panhandlers and drug addicts walking the street. You can't believe the smell on the street.
I can put up with a lot, this is the first time I have ever found a room so bad that I checked out and went elsewhere. There is no way I would have stayed in that room for any sum of money.
On the plus side, the manager on duty was accommodating in my request to leave and did not charge me for the night. He claimed the rooms in the other building were better, but how in the world can any chain hotel allow a property to have rooms like this? Why take the chance of getting stuck with something like this.
I guess it will be another 10 years before I am willing to consider a Ramada again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the City Center Inn & Suites San Francisco where we are located in the urban quiet Downtown/South of Market, or SOMA, district which is much compared to New York City's Soho district known for eclectic fine dining, popular dance/night clubs, lounges and outlet shopping. Walk to the main Cable Cars station ride them to Union Square - famous shopping area, Westfield/Bloomingdales Mall within walking distance, Chinatown - one of the best in the United States, & Fisherman's Wharf- enjoy renowned dungress crab cakes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Priceline, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your City Center Inn & Suites - San Francisco reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Knights Inn - Downtown San Francisco Hotel San Francisco
- Knights Inn San Francisco
- San Francisco Knights Inn