A took a friend to San Francisco last Feb. 2002. We were on a tight budget so we just got the most reasonable rate on the web - $69/night. I did not know where 7th street was and how far the hotel was to Market Street. We did take a chance on this hotel and it was not that bad. If you're traveling alone or if you have your best friend or sister with you on a trip to San Francisco, this is an OKAY hotel.
There are two hotel buildings on the same street opposite each other. To give you a better picture, this is like a drive-in motel with three floors. One night, we had to park at the adjacent building since the space is too tight... even the rooms. When we were checking-in, I asked for an extra bed but they told me that we cannot have one in the room. It was only when we got to the room that I understood what the clerk meant - the room could only accommodate a queen size bed, TV and 2 side tables! Honestly, my bedroom is bigger. By the way, the sheets and bathroom were clean and the bathroom was well kept. That's all that matters to me in travelling.
For the price, you get the typical breakfast of pancakes, bagels, juice and fruits. We also had to cross to the next building to eat breakfast at their small cafe.
If this is your first trip to Bay Area, I would suggest that you pay $10-20 more to get a hotel near Union Square. The only disadvantage in booking a hotel there is that you have to pay for parking.
Otherwise, take advantage of the free parking, free breakfast and a tight clean space for $69 a night!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the City Center Inn & Suites San Francisco where we are located in the urban quiet Downtown/South of Market, or SOMA, district which is much compared to New York City's Soho district known for eclectic fine dining, popular dance/night clubs, lounges and outlet shopping. Walk to the main Cable Cars station ride them to Union Square - famous shopping area, Westfield/Bloomingdales Mall within walking distance, Chinatown - one of the best in the United States, & Fisherman's Wharf- enjoy renowned dungress crab cakes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Priceline, Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your City Center Inn & Suites - San Francisco reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Knights Inn - Downtown San Francisco Hotel San Francisco
- Knights Inn San Francisco
- San Francisco Knights Inn