San Francisco Marriott Marquis
US$195
US$155
MysticHotel.com
  • Restaurant
Omni San Francisco Hotel(San Francisco)
US$432
US$215
  • Room Service
Comfort Inn by the Bay(San Francisco)
US$220
  • Breakfast included
Club Quarters Hotel in San Francisco(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
US$265
US$214
  • Restaurant
Hotel Zoe Fisherman's Wharf(San Francisco)
US$421
US$209
US$328
US$266
Westin.com
  • Room Service
InterContinental Mark Hopkins San Francisco(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
US$296
US$454
Hotelpower.com
  • Pool
6,420 results
All reviewsthe view loungem clubthe concierge loungegreat locationunion squareconvention hotelmoscone centertop floorlarge hotelbusy hotelcorner roommarket streetbusiness triplobby barbart stationper daycable car
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 7 April 2014

I was pleasantly surprised with this hotel. Many good things.

Location - bang in the middle just off Market Street
The bar with great view on 39th floor
Amenities by THANN
Great concierge on the lobby floor - I found Amelia to be particularly helpful
Starbucks on the ground floor which opens very early in the morning.

However, my delight was the bed. I think it is one of the best beds I slept in out of the 20 or so hotel stays I made in the last couple of years. It's a hard bed, but have very soft foam layer on top that makes it extremely comfortable. Really really good.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank carioca500
Patti C, Manager at San Francisco Marriott Marquis, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2014

Dear carioca500,
Thank you for your excellent review of the San Francisco Marriott Marquis. It was a pleasure to read you enjoyed your stay especially our location, guest room, amenities and our famous Marriott bedding. Thank you also for your kind words regarding our Concierge Amelia; please know she will be recognized during our next staff meeting. We look forward to your next stay.

Reviewed 7 April 2014

My husband and I came here for our honeymoon. Firstly, the staff at the Concierge was beyond helpful. They were friendly and were always quick to provide assistance. The bedding was comfortable as every Marriott hotels are.

The location is conveniently located at the heart of the city. There was public transport for easy travelling all around and even to the airport. Shopping was a breeze as not only were there malls but so many other stores just all around. You can also take a slow walk down to the pier.

Food was easy to find too and the 24 hr diner around the corner is a must! Their food is exquisite. A definite must stay!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Nazreen_Muntaj,
We are delighted that you chose to spend your honeymoon with us. We appreciate your recommendation, and look forward to welcoming you and your husband back soon if not for your 1st Anniversary!
Best wishes,

Reviewed 6 April 2014

The Marriott Marquis in San Francisco is a world class hotel in a world class city. Not much more needs to be said. It is expensive like everything in San Francisco. The location is excellent, with endless shopping, eating and drinking options nearby. It's an easy walk to AT&T Park as well. There is a public parking structure kitty corner from the hotel's front door that's half the price of the Marriott's valet. We felt our car was reasonably safe in the public parkade. An expensive drink at The View, the Marriott's top floor lounge, should be considered mandatory. Of course you can go up to the lounge and skip the drink but still take in the stunning views.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family

Dear protravel1,
Thank you for your amazing review of the San Francisco Marriott Marquis! We are delighted to hear you and your family had a wonderful time exploring San Francisco and enjoyed your stay with us! We look forward to welcoming your and your family back soon!
The San Francisco Marriott Marquis
P.S. Thanks for sharing your great photos!

Reviewed 5 April 2014

I have stayed all over the city and this is one of the best. Great location, nice lobby, friendly and helpful staff. Comparable to Hilton or Nikko. Throbbing street life on three sides, and close to excellent dining and sightseeing--about a 20-minute walk to North Beach. Room was good size and very comfortable. No bad views on upper floors, and a 360 from the bar at The View. Not quite the view you can get at the Mark Hopkins, but there it's not 360. All sorts of transportation options nearby. I came just to enjoy San Francisco and this hotel filled that bill very well.

Room Tip: Construction on the Fourth Street side.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Patti C, Manager at San Francisco Marriott Marquis, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2014

Dear Dukesnyder,
Thank you for your 5-Star review! It was delightful to read you enjoyed all the San Francisco Marriott Marquis has to offer along with the vibrant neighborhoods just steps from our door. We can't wait to have you back soon!

Reviewed 5 April 2014

I had the opportunity to stay at the SF Marriott Marquis for MacWorld 2014 at reduced rates. A wonderful time as the folks at the Bin55, View, Bell Hop, and Mission Grille were all very cordial and provided outstanding service.

Had dinner a couple of times at Bin55 and Cathy one the main servers those evenings was very kind and absolutely made sure my order was correct and promptly provided. Other servers like Alina and the nice gentleman also made sure my order was correct.

The room I was in was perfect temperature wise and just right. The heat or AC barely kicked at all in the week I was there. The only negative item of my the room was the beds were a bit short and I'm under 5' 9.

Room service was very responsive the nights and breakfast time I ordered. Maybe have been a bit pricey, but I enjoyed it. Taxis are easily available, the nice man with the Top Hat at the Taxi area, easily whistles for the taxis that literally arrive every minute. The. Viatorm bus tour service also picks and drops you off here if you had a pre-arranged tour; another wonderful perk of staying here.

WiFi costs extra in your room, but I brought my own Verizon 4520L modem with me so had zero impact to me. The other times, free WiFi in either the lobby area or Starbucks or at the Moscone center where the MacWorld 2014 was held.

On the day of the checkout, it was very quiet. A very nice stay and love to come back here again.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo

Dear fratwell,
Thank you for your 5-Star review! It gives us great pleasure to read such wonderful compliments regarding your experience with us, particularly your praise of our Bin 55 Team. Please know we will be sure they are recognized in our next Staff meeting. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Marquis the next time your travels bring you to San Francisco.
Kind regards,