“Prime location, beautiful hotel”

San Francisco Marriott Marquis
Ranked #23 of 230 Hotels in San Francisco
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 30 June 2014

I just loved this hotel so much. It is right in the heart of the city. It is close walking distance to lots of shopping, restaurants and tourist attractions. Market Street is just up the road with lots of shopping and even a Westfield Shopping Centre that was really beautiful inside. It has a nice food court where we had breakfast daily with pastries, hot breakfast, etc.

The hotel itself had a very friendly staff who always greeted you whenever you were entering or exiting. Front desk staff was good. The bellman who brought up our bags was very nice and attentive when I told him I was not happy with the room we got. He made every effort to fix it for us and was able to change our room to one that was better in minutes. I really like that we didn't have to lug our bags all over the hotel.

The hotel itself is very clean, beautiful and busy. I don't like staying at hotels that are basically deserted... it's creepy to me. This one is very lively and the lobby was always full of people. I really liked the vibe of the hotel.

The room was good. I would recommend a fridge in the room, that was the only thing it was missing.

Parking is $62 per night, valet, which is very expensive. There is a self parking lot not far that has a $34 a day maximum. You can stop in, drop off your bags with the bell desk and then go park and come back. Paying $68 for 2 days was better than $124, especially since we were not using the car in the city. There are one way streets everywhere so it's good to have a GPS that will bring you back to the hotel from the self parking lot as it is going around in one big square to get back to the hotel.

Very close to the San Francisco airport. It only took us 15 minutes from the hotel to get there.

I would definitely stay here again. It's such a modern, chic hotel and I have stayed at Marriotts many times before but never a Marquis. A tad expensive, but you have to pay for good service, cleanliness, comfort, and most of all - location.

Stayed June 23-25, 2014.

Room Tip: High up, facing the city. We were on the 24th floor and it has a nice view.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Shiraz R
Patti C, Manager at San Francisco Marriott Marquis, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2014

Dear Shiraz R.,
We loved having you! Thank you for your 5-star review and recommendation. We were delighted to read you enjoyed your experience with us. We appreciate your taking time to post about your stay, and hope to welcome you back soon.
Kind regards from the San Francisco Marriott Marquis

Write a ReviewReviews (5,915)

Reviewed 30 June 2014

Ratings for hotels should be expectation vs reality. I'm a big fan of Marriott hotels and this is one of the best. Staff are superb, location is perfect for an easy walk into one of my favourite cities in the world. Restaurant is excellent too. Highly recommend this hotel.

Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank JulianKemp

Dear JulianKemp,
Thank you for the 5-star review! Thank you also for being such a loyal Marriott guest and choosing the San Francisco Marriott Marquis for your visit to San Francisco. We are so pleased you enjoyed the hospitality of our hosts of whom we are so proud. We agree we have an ideal location for exploring this amazing city of ours. Do come back soon for another visit.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

Stayed here during convention - very expensive but great location, close to inexpensive eating options and convention center. If staying here again would request room on side opposite from outside construction and closer to elevator. Great service - Left clothing in room upon departure, called to inquire about it upon return home, and it was shipped to me without charge!

• Stayed: June 2014

Dear NLF2013,
Thanks for the great review and choosing the San Francisco Marriott Marquis for your recent business trip to San Francisco! We’re delighted you enjoyed your stay with us especially our convenient location and fabulous hosts. It was a pleasure to hear they were able to send you your forgotten items so quickly. We look forward to welcoming you back.
Best regards from the San Francisco Marriott Marquis

Reviewed 30 June 2014

I really enjoyed my stay at this hotel the several times I have stayed here. It is a typical "Marriott," everything you would expect from one - efficient service, clean rooms, decorative interiors and good food. The location in Union Square, however, makes this hotel one of the best hotels in San Francisco. Make sure to request a high floor at check in with a city view, the views are amazing!

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Dear matt c.,
We can’t thank you enough for making the San Francisco Marriott Marquis your preferred hotel when visiting San Francisco! Thank you for your fabulous review and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Warm regards from the San Francisco Marriott Marquis

Reviewed 27 June 2014

I had a pleasurable overnight business stay at this Marriott property. The folks at the front desk were helpful.Also, I have left an item in my room and the housekeeping department was quite helpful in getting the process rolling for me getting that item mailed to me.. I haven't heard back from the lost and found department yet, but I am expecting a call today (6/27). Anyway, everything about the service in the lobby, Valet, etc, was great. decent sized rooms for a downtown SF hotel. I like the toiletries in the room, as I usually don't use them and bring my own, but these were very neutral smelling. I'd definitely recommend this place, based on location and amenities.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Patti C, Manager at San Francisco Marriott Marquis, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

Dear bmajor7,
Thank you for your great review and choosing the San Francisco Marriott Marquis for your recent business trip to San Francisco. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us especially our friendly and helpful hosts, amenities and our location. We were sorry to read you had forgotten an item, but glad our Lost & Found team was there to assist. We truly appreciate your recommendation and can’t wait to welcome you back!
Best regards from the San Francisco Marriott Marquis

Reviewed 26 June 2014

I stay in many Marriotts but I found the San Francisco Marquis to have the best and friendliest service from check in to fitness club to check out. The concierge lounge was the largest I've seen with a great selection. Location is wonderful. Highly recommend the hotel.

Dear sirmax03,
Thank you for your brilliant review! We are delighted you found our hosts to be warm and friendly. It was great to hear you were able to get a workout in at our fitness center and that you enjoyed our lovely concierge lounge with all its delicious offerings. Thank you for your recommendation! We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to our beautiful city.
Warm regards from the San Francisco Marriott Marquis

Reviewed 26 June 2014

The staff here is just fabulous! They make you feel at home and are very pleasant in their interactions with you. The conference rooms, food quality are what is to be expected from marriott. The one thing that makes them stand out is their ability to accommodate needs and a willingness to go the extra mile. One of the managers in particular took care of my wife arriving at the hotel before I did. For this reason, I will be back. Great customer service.

1  Thank TravelNut342
Patti C, Manager at San Francisco Marriott Marquis, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2014

Dear TravelNut342,
I will be back…our favorite words!! Thank you so much for your fabulous review. We strive to provide the best hospitality service to all of our guests and we are glad you agree. It was a pleasure to hear that you and your wife had a memorable stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to San Francisco.