So, it's Pride weekend in San Francisco. For those folks that ever attended Pride Weekend, it can be a circus. But we decided to give the Marriott Marquis another opportunity. I have to say, they have improved quite a bit. The biggest area of improvement is the room. Last time we were there (about 22 months ago, we had a suite and let me tell you, it was horrible. The room was old, dark and dirty. There was mildew in the bathroom.
Well, this time, we just got a regular room in an upper floor. The furnishing were updated and there was no mildew in the bathroom. A couple of other great improvements include:
1. Soft close toilet lid (we have these at home and when i travel, i forget that i'm not at home and they always close with a bang!
2. Updated toiletries. I have to say, I like the new soaps and shampoos so much better than what they had before!!!
3. Updated plugs. There were plugs by the bed for my iphones. WOO HOO!
4. Check in was great (though that could be because i have status).
5. Housekeeping dropped off my foam pillows without me having to request them!!!
What still needs improving:
1. Parking!! it's way too expensive. We parked and took BART into town.
2. The Pool/outdoor area. There isn't enough sun!!!! and way too many kids...
3. The executive lounge should offer free beer and wine. It was an honor bar, but in Europe, we got free beer and wine....
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Agoda, Odigeo, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HRS and HotelQuickly so you can book your San Francisco Marriott Marquis reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- San Francisco Marriott Marquis Hotel San Francisco
- Marriott San Francisco