San Francisco Marriott Marquis
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
The Mosser(San Francisco)
View Hotel
Hotel Zelos San Francisco(San Francisco)
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Restaurant
Hotel Zetta San Francisco(San Francisco)
View Hotel
W San Francisco(San Francisco)
6,420 results
All reviewsthe view loungem clubthe concierge loungegreat locationunion squareconvention hotelmoscone centertop floorlarge hotelbusy hotelcorner roommarket streetbusiness triplobby barbart stationper daycable car
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 18 August 2014 via mobile

Nothing beats being able to take BART directly from the airport and get off a block from your hotel. In that respect, the location can't be beat. The views from the top floor bar are also truly breathtaking and worth taking to time just to go up and have a cocktail at sunset. However, for a hotel with a daily rate hitting $400-500 during peak season the service and attention to detail was a bit of a disappointment and made me think that perhaps such a large Hotel has become "too big for its britches." During my stay, a dirty tray full of partially consumed food service items sat outside the door of an adjacent room for over 24 hours completely unnoticed by staff until, fed-up with looking a the tray every time I entered my room, I finally made a call. Surprising neglect at this price point...

Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank PETER A
Patti C, Manager at San Francisco Marriott Marquis, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2014

Dear PETER A,
Thank you for staying with us and sharing your review of your visit. We are delighted you enjoyed and highlighted our fabulous location as well as the breathtaking views of our great city from The View. However, we are truly sorry for not meeting all of your expectations and appreciate you brining these items to our attention. This is not the standard of service we strive to achieve each and every day. Your comments and feedback will be passed along to our management team members for review. We do hope to have the honor of welcoming you back on your next trip to the City by the Bay.
Kind regards the San Francisco Marriott Marquis

Reviewed 17 August 2014

We live in the East Bay but decided to stay over in San Francisco as we were headed to a concert at The Warfield that we expected to run very late and the Marquis is ideally located for everything downtown. Since we arrived early we did an early check in and stored our bag effortlessly with the bellman. Our room wasn't ready as it was only 10:30am; the desk said they would notify me as soon as it was. They texted me as promised later that morning. The hotel was busy, but still welcoming. Everyone was friendly and still professional.

I'm Platinum Premier Elite and was staying on points so expected a courtesy upgrade but was definitely more that please to be put in one of the Presidential Suites; double living room, dining room and circular staircase to second floor bedroom - all with 35th floor spectacular views of the city and bay.

Everything was well ordered, attractive and pristine. The beds were extremely comfortable and the baths were stocked with plenty of towels and Thann bath toiletries.

The Concierge level breakfast was well supplied with expected eggs, bacon, a plentiful array of fruits, pastries, cereals. Tables were kept clean to allow for turnover of guests. Hors d'oeuvres and desserts later very also plentiful and tasty.

All in all, we found our stay very pleasant and will be back.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 August 2014

Very central location only 5 minutes walk to the city centre.

Rooms are nice and spacious and staff are very friendly.

The buffet breakfast is a bit exxy I would recommend going out and trying one of the local cafes.

Overall great place to base yourself to explore San Fran.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 August 2014

First of all, let's face it, this hotel is really ugly. It fits in with the San Francisco skyline like an open wound. Second, I made GREAT efforts to assure that I had a King-sized bed when I made my reservation. It was for my 20th Anniversary. When we got up to the room, it was two double beds. I called the front desk and their response was "sorry about that but we overbooked the king rooms." No discount, no free dinner, no solutions offered. This was after we arrived at the hotel and we were told that our room was not ready for us and we had to wait in the lobby for it to be readied with about a thousand other people. Nowhere to sit and loud, hot and obnoxious. I will never stay at this hotel again and suggest other do not. It has also soured me on the Marriott brand overall.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Marshall S
Patti C, Manager at San Francisco Marriott Marquis, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2014

Dear Marshall S,
Thank you for choosing our hotel to celebrate your 20th Anniversary in San Francisco. We are sincerely sorry to learn that your experience did not meet your—or our own—expectations. Your candid comments are very valuable and assist us in improving our service. Please know your feedback has been passed along to the appropriate management team members for review. We do hope you’ll give us another try when your travels bring you back to San Francisco.
Kind regards from the San Francisco Marriott Marquis

Reviewed 17 August 2014

This is a big, busy well located hotel in the heart of downtown San Fran....

This hotel is always busy..but the location makes up for it!! 3 lift systems so you never wait long...
Friendly staff. Internet fast-but most guests pay for this.... Room views poor-but to be fair...your not gong to be in your room much are you?..
The hotel has a gym...no pool though ...

All good!