6,801 results
All reviewsthe view loungem clubthe concierge loungegreat locationunion squareconvention hotelmoscone centertop floorlarge hotelbusy hotelcorner roommarket streetattending a conferencebusiness triplobby barbart stationper day
Reviewed 18 March 2015

We could not have picked a better location to stay in the heart of the city. The rooms were a nice size and were clean. The beds were very comfortable, and the house keeping service we got was good. We had a drain not draining well in our shower, and it was promptly fixed that day. This hotel is so close to the Bart station if you are flying in and taking the Bart to downtown. It is also so close to numerous restaurants and shops around Market Street. Visitor center is also very close by where we got maps and helpful information, as well as day passes for the Muni and Cable Car passes. We would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: March 2015, travelled with family
2  Thank Susannah W
Patti C, Manager at San Francisco Marriott Marquis, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2015

Dear Susannah W,
We’re so happy you selected to stay with us too! It was such a delight to learn we lived up to your expectations with our prime location, brand-new comfy beds and fantastic hosts. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Best regards from the San Francisco Marriott Marquis Team

Reviewed 17 March 2015

So I have been to San Fran a few times. Years ago I very much enjoyed my stay at the Ritz and it's proximity to Chinatown as well as the complimentary limo service. This time I was attending a meeting at the Moscone Center.

I was VERY pleasantly surprised to experience great service similar to my stay at the Ritz. I say similar, as they of course do not have large Terry cloth robes and shoes or the limo service. That being said, they do offer many great things and do it very well.

Check in was a breeze and fast. Using my Marriott credit card the excellent front desk check in person, Ave, gave me a complimentary upgrade as an "Elite Member" to a suite that included their concierge lounge.
The lounge was extremely large and well staffed. Several people greeted me with smiles and asked if there was anything they could help me with. The lounge included a large breakfast spread from 6:30am to 10am on weekends, a horsdoeveres from 5:30 to 7:30 , desserts from 7:30 to 10pm and wine and beer from 5:30 to 10pm.

My room was spacious and impeccably clean. Amenities were good and nicely set out for presentation.

Lobby staff, such as Carly, stood at attention in the afternoons and evenings to answer anyone who looked as if they were even thinking of a question.

One evening I spent some time on the 39th floor for drinks with a friend. The view is spectacular and I highly recommend a visit if nothing else to look out.

Upon check out, I had to get up at 3:45 am. I called and set the phone for a wake up call The next morning I did got up a little earlie and was in the bathroom when the wake up call came through. I missed it. I went back to the bathroom. Of course they recalled and by the time I made it back, I missed it again. Not wanting to disturb my "neighbors" with ongoing calls while I showered, I took the phone off the hook. Upon finishing my shower I hear the door knocked upon several times. It was hotel security and they were personally following up with my wake up call. A very nice touch!

Despite the heavy traffic of being next to a convention center the general manger has done a spectacular job in keeping a team motivated to always give service. I can HIGHLY recommend the Marriott Marquis.

That being said.. there was one small thing to keep in mind... While my room was excellent, #7095, all I heard all day and night was the low rumble of the elevators or something going on and off. I sleep in almost any condition, but this was one thing travelers should be aware of!

Room Tip: 7095 is a nice room but has a lot of engine noise
  • Stayed: March 2015, travelled on business
2  Thank RobertRSanAntonio
Patti C, Manager at San Francisco Marriott Marquis, responded to this reviewResponded 23 March 2015

Dear RobertRSanAntonio,
Thank you very much for your loyalty to Marriott as an Elite Rewards Member. We appreciate your 5-star review and for recommending us to others. We are delighted you enjoyed all our hotel has to offer and your interactions with our friendly hosts. We look forward to welcoming you back to San Francisco Marriott Marquis for another brilliant visit to San Francisco.
Kind regards from the San Francisco Marriott Marquis Team

Reviewed 17 March 2015

Immediate assistance as you walk through the door. Staff was wonderful from the bellman to check in to check out.....have a nice lunch in the lobby bar and then enjoy a walk through the nearby park. Centrally located near the Moscone center and not far from Fisherman's Wharf. Take in the view of the city from the lounge on the 39th floor!

Room Tip: view of the park
  • Stayed: February 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank Neil A

Dear Neil A,
Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful review of your time with us! We consider our hosts to be the best around, and we are thrilled you agree. It was a pleasure to learn you enjoyed the delicious offerings in Bin 55 and taking in the city from above from The View. We look forward to welcoming you back soon for another San Francisco adventure.
Warm regards from the San Francisco Marriott Marquis Team

Reviewed 16 March 2015

This is a truly wonderful hotel with a wonderful staff. Well located within five minutes of Union Square, even closer to the Powell Street cable car and all the bus lines that reach all parts of the city. If you don't mind taking your bags on the "train", it's within easy walking distance of the Powell St. BART station. ... Rooms standard looking, but large enough for a couple, and very comfortable. Effective and quiet heating/cooling system. Fast elevators, even to upper floors. Clean rooms and public areas. Efficiency in every department. Note that this is a huge hotel, not a boutique; if this offends your sensibilities, go somewhere smaller. It looked like a city in itself when we walked in the door, and the lobby is loud. But the guest rooms are quiet. And what a uniformly friendly, helpful, and effective staff!. Simply not a problem they won't try to solve for you. And elite members can have a quick breakfast buffet for free. This hotel is reason enough to become a Marriott Elite member. ... Price: The daily rate here can get very high, into the three-hundreds --which is more than middle class people take home in their pay checks over two or three days. But if you watch prices carefully, and it's not a high-demand time of year, you can get in here for below $200, which is a great value for downtown San Francisco.

• Stayed: March 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MainlyMaine

Dear MainlyMaine,
Thank you for selecting the San Francisco Marriott Marquis and your loyalty as a Marriott Rewards member! We are so pleased you enjoyed our ideal location and friendly hosts. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, and we look forward to hosting you again soon.
Best regards from the San Francisco Marriott Marquis Team

Reviewed 16 March 2015

Great location to be able to walk to restaurants and Yerba Buena Park is right across the street. The room and service of the hotel were great. We asked for a quiet room since other reviews say that the lower levels were noisy. They put us on floor 18 and it was very quiet. We never heard our neighbors or the city noise. If we ever needed to go to San Francisco again, we would stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room. Ground level is very noisy but it is quiet on the upper levels.
  • Stayed: March 2015, travelled on business

Dear gooutsideofthebox,
Thank you for your great review! We are so delighted to learn you enjoyed your recent stay with us and appreciate your recommendation. We’re excited to welcome you back whenever your travels bring you back to San Francisco.
Kind regards from the San Francisco Marriott Marquis Team