Lowest prices for your stay
£211
Hotels.com
Get rewarded with One Key
Andjela
Stockholm, Sweden

GDC stay - suboptimal

3.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 9 Jul 2019via mobile
Came for work for GDC and was not impressed by this hotel. It had a very steril and gray vibe and personell were almost robot-like. Check-in desk was ghostly (understand it’s a busy time and all, but a smile wouldn’t hurt) and given the price I felt they could have done more.
Date of stay: March 2019
Trip type: Travelled on business
Responded 9 Jul 2019
Dear yunastravels,

Thank you for being our guest while in town for business. We are sorry you were disappointed with the overall feel of the hotel and apologize for the mediocre service you received. We value your comments as we are always looking for ways to improve our guest experience. We do hope you will consider giving us another chance to welcome you back the next time you are in San Francisco.

£165
  • Priceline
0.4 miles from Marriott Marquis San Francisco
View more hotels in San Francisco
8,203 results
All reviews the view lounge m club great location convention hotel moscone center union square top floor corner room big hotel market street per day cable car central location around the corner fisherman's wharf ferry building lobby
Selected filters
Reviewed 9 July 2019 via mobile

My sister works for Marriot so I get the explorer rate which is awesome. I booked two rooms thinking that I could use the assuming I could use the rate for both. I had no idea I could not . My sister never told me and I’ve used my rate just on one room many times. So when I arrived to check in the woman at the check in counter told me the rate cannot be applied for a second room . Not knowing this I told her , “ I had know idea about that rule. Honestly I was not informed and definitely don’t want to get my sister in trouble “. She explained she is going to have to charge me for a cancellation fee. I told her it was an honest mistake could you please let me slide on the fee or could you call the manager? So she called the manager, And explained that I had the explore rate and I booked two rooms do we charge a cancellation fee? I am in a Repton said you didn’t tell her I made an honest mistake and I didn’t know that! She whispered in the phone he says he didn’t know that. Long story short I talk to them manager face to face she wasn’t budging to charge me the whole I’ve been out of the room as cancellation fee didn’t want to hear my story followed me around the lobby as I went to the bellhop I was so mad I’m in barest for Marriott as I know they’re not like this I will never stay at that place ever again. I will tell all my clients not to stay there. The whole point being she didn’t have the time or day to listen to my explanation I screwed up I’ll be accountable. If I have to be a cancellation fee I’d have to be a cancellation or I just keep the room she was rude and I wish I got her name !!! Work at hospitality that’s not how you treat people Period!

Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank Napawineguide
TeamMarriott, Manager at Marriott Marquis San Francisco, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2019

Dear Napawineguide,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. One of our top priorities is to make sure you receive outstanding service, and we are sorry for the issues you experienced surrounding your reservation. This is not typical of our service, and we will make any necessary adjustments going forward. We do hope we were able to redeem ourselves with other aspects of your stay. Thank you for your business, and we hope to welcome you back for an excellent stay on all fronts.

Reviewed 6 July 2019

The hotel in general is nice, in a great location. The lower floors have recently been renovated with nice flooring and accent pieces, glass shower and a modern look. Unfortunately the rooms are very poorly insulated and the hall way noise bleeds into the room. (very loud). Make sure you ask about the view, I was "upgraded" to a crappy room with my Bonvoy GOLD STATUS, given a 7th floor room with a view of the gravel roof. Will not be staying here again, slap in the face.

Date of stay: July 2019
2  Thank LB1_FJ
TeamMarriott, Manager at Marriott Marquis San Francisco, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2019

Dear 4gwt,

Thank you for your recent visit and your feedback. Please accept our sincere apology for the noise issues you experienced from the hallway and that we weren't able to fix the issue to your satisfaction on this visit. We agree that interrupted sleep can easily change a hotel stay from excellent to poor, and we are sorry that happened to you. We hope you will give us another chance the next time you visit the area.

Reviewed 4 July 2019

Had the opportunity to attend the MuleSoft user conference. The hotel did a nice job hosting the conference. Disappointed that all of the conference facilities were underground. Good to be able to walk around the Yerba Buena neighborhood during our breaks and afterward.

Room tip: Get above the fifth or sixth floor to avoid the view of the HVAC system.
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank ctsmithiiiGoHeels
TeamMarriott, Manager at Marriott Marquis San Francisco, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2019

Dear ctsmithiii,

We are delighted that the MuleSoft user conference brought you to our hotel. It is always our goal to impress you with our outstanding facilities and services. Thank you so much for your kind remarks, and we hope to have another opportunity to welcome you again soon.

Reviewed 4 July 2019

The Marriott Marquis located on 4th street of SF. My first impression of the hotel is that it felt grand. The moment you checked in, the lobby was huge. They were currently remodeling the lobby when I arrived. I was on a business trip and I did not really get to enjoy the spa and the club level as much as I can.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank JPMStanLAX
TeamMarriott, Manager at Marriott Marquis San Francisco, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2019

Dear JPMStanLAX,

Thank you for being our guest at San Francisco Marriott Marquis. We are thrilled to read about your experience and that you loved the spacious lobby as well as our accessible location to nearby attractions of San Francisco. We appreciate your business and do hope to welcome you back soon to enjoy more of what we have to offer.

Reviewed 3 July 2019

Central location. Can walk to many restaurants. There are so many museums within a few blocks. San Francisco is known for shopping and the hotel is near numerous streets of shopping as well as the beautiful Westfield Mall.

2  Thank Babsgal
TeamMarriott, Manager at Marriott Marquis San Francisco, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2019

Dear Babsgal,

Thank you for the wonderful review of your stay at the San Francisco Marriott Marquis! We are pleased you found our location to be perfect for your plans. It was a pleasure having you as our guest, and we look forward to welcoming you back whenever you are in the area.