Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
sffred2015
Los Angeles, California

Great stay in SF !

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 13 May 2024
Marriott is a classic hotel for San Francisco visitors. It's very close to BART/MUNI and a couple min away from Trader Joe or Target. Although the audiences are mainly for the business or conference attendees, the hotel was pretty adaptive to tourist needs. Appreciate the upgrade from Parwinder for Ambassador Elite member. The food at the lounge was very good for dinner; I wish the wine is free. All and all, it's an enjoyable stay with quiet room & nice view at higher floor.
Date of stay: April 2024
Room Tip: Pick a high floor!
Trip type: Travelled with friends
    £110
Pool
View more hotels in San Francisco
8,207 results
All reviews the view lounge m club great location convention hotel moscone center union square top floor corner room big hotel market street per day cable car central location around the corner fisherman's wharf ferry building lobby
Selected filters
Reviewed 12 May 2024

Excellent conference hotel. Typical rooms, clean and spacious, excellent location for Moscone, helpful staff, quick valet. Located near Market, but further south where spots start to get hip. Walk to huge selection of excellent restaurants and cafes. Happy to stay again for business trips.

Date of stay: January 2024
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 5 April 2024 via mobile

Hotel was clean. Had adequate dining facilities. No pool that I could discern. I was here for a conference and it was perfectly suited for a conference. Small gift shop in case you forgot anything. Several bars, including a rooftop area with a nice view. The hotels location is somewhat problematic. This was my first trip to San Francisco but I had heard that the area was not a particularly safe one. Living near a major city myself I was not particularly concerned, and thought people were overreacting. However, on the first evening, myself, and a few colleagues walked to a nearby restaurant. We did encounter an extremely high number of homeless, vagrants and open drug use. I came to understand that the city, and in particular this area of the city has suffered greatly since Covid. It is really quite sad, but I had some concerns about walking around the area in certain sections near the hotel. There were security with badges, who may have been special police inside the hotel to address, vagrants, etc. This hotel is located near Chinatown. I really wanted to go to Chinatown and I spoke to the staff. I was advised that it was safe to walk to Chinatown during the day, but it was in the opposite direction from where we had gone the previous evening. Out the back of the hotel there were stores such as Cartier, Burberry, Hermes, etc. There were associated security for those stores, and the area seemed perfectly safe. Chinatown felt safe, but of course, was not exactly upscale. The merchants were polite, friendly, and seemed particularly happy to have any any type of tourist business.

The hotel staff and Management seem to be doing everything they could to address any sort of security concerns. I felt safe inside the hotel. I’m glad I went to Chinatown, and at least saw a little bit of the city. Again, if you are visiting for a conference, there is absolutely nothing wrong with this hotel. It was clean, it had most amenities. I was disappointed as a loyal Marriott, customer that Wi-Fi was not included. This was my first visit to San Francisco, and as expected, it is an extremely expensive city. Parking is $91 per night, but that is the going rate in the area. Everything on or off property cost more than you think it possibly could. That has nothing to do with the hotel and it’s just apparently a reality of life in California and in particular the bay area. Really nice views of the city depending upon your room.

Date of stay: April 2024
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 1 April 2024

WARNING Marriott Hotels ARE INDIFFERENT, APATHETIC AND AVARICIOUS (STINGY) and will do anything TO KEEP YOUR $$$$money$$$$” Recently I made reservations for a three night stay at the Marriott Marquis San Francisco. The exact dates were March 30-April 2. The night of March 29th there was a storm and Flash Flood warnings in Southern California (I live in the Los Angeles). The national weather service kept sending warnings on my cell phone warning against unnecessary travel or road use. At about 3am of March 30 my family and I woke to drive up to San Francisco but the storm had not subsided nor did the storm warnings on the contrary the storm seemed to have gotten worse. At that time I proceeded to cancel my reservations in hopes that I would get a refund under these circumstances. However, they decided to hold me responsible to the original cancellation policy for my booking and declined my refund request. They kept over $150.00.

Date of stay: March 2024
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 27 March 2024 via mobile

Short visit to san francisco and stayed 4 nights with access to the business lounge. The room was ok but not very luxury. Normally marquis brand abroad a lot better. Business lounge was ok except beer and wine in evening not included. The breakfast was ok.

Date of stay: February 2024
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 March 2024 via mobile

Returned for a second visit. Hotel has been remodeled nicely. Staff is friendly and pleasant. Room spacious and well maintained. Beds are comfy. Elevators are fast.

We visited The View lounge on the top floor of the hotel. Excellent views, good drinks, friendly staff again. The manager is exceptional at her job. Hope to return again.

Date of stay: March 2024
Trip type: Travelled as a couple