“Great staff”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Halifax, Canada
“Great staff”
Reviewed 12 May 2014

Stayed early May for 4 nights. Have spent much time in San Francisco but first time at this
hotel. Good location for Fishermans Wharf. We had a room facing in....towards the pool...
and found the noise level to be almost nil. Not sure of what the outside rooms would be like.
The room and hallway seemed a bit aged but was very clean and well maintained. Internet access is not free in the room but is in the lobby which is a nice area....lots of tables and comfortable chairs. Coffee and a surprisingly large number of food items for sale.....pastries,fruit,cereal....etc. A nice feature when you don't feel like wandering too far away and just want something to snack on while online. Beer etc... may also be available but we were never there later in the day.

The best thing was the staff. Dealt with many different front desk folks over the 4 days and all were polite and very willing to help out. Always with a smile.. Was nice to see. Didn't have many issues
but the few we did were resolved quickly.

Not a fancy hotel but very efficient and a completely hassle free stay which for a frequent traveller is always welcome. A good location to access San Francisco and area. Easy check in and out.

Would certainly recommend to others.....in fact already have.

Room Tip: Would say facing inwards but the others may be OK as well.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Michael H, General Manager at Sheraton Fisherman's Wharf Hotel, responded to this review, 13 May 2014
Dear Doug,

Thanks for the terrific review of Sheraton Fisherman's Wharf. We were thrilled to read that our staff did not miss a trick during your stay. It is nice to know that our hotel fit your needs to a tee.

It was a pleasure to serve you. Please come back soon to see us.

Michael Hirsch

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (708)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 11 May 2014 via mobile

If you are a tourist it has perfact location.
Especially Big Bus,tour bus, departs infront of this hotel.
I used Big Bus, I took a sort rest in hotel then went out for night tour.
It was so easy!

The hotel staffs also very kind.
They alsways asked me first 'Do you need some help?'

Two things i disappointed is my room type and a air conditioner.

First,I booked 1 king bed room but i got 2 queen beds room.
I asked and they said only 'sorry no more king bed room'
Why i choosed my room type for this random assigning??
Why i paid same rate for a small bed and one more bed which i dont need it?

Sencond, the air conditioner was so dirty.
I mean there were lots of dusts on air vents.

Although i feel some disappintment, its good hotel and I will think one of option for this when i visit SF again.

Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
It was nice to read that our staff was friendly and accomodating. Glad that they were able to make a personal connection and make your stay enjoyable. Sorry about the mix up on the beds. We will see where this occured to ensure it doesn't happen again.

Thanks for the recommendation. We look foward to welcoming you back.

Davis, California
Reviewed 10 May 2014

I want to say thanks a lot for reception

And specially for "Prince" the bell man
He was so kind, helpful and i appreciate his service

And i would like to visit your hotel again
Very good days and nights i spent it in your hotel

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Tareq,

We enjoyed reading your great review of Sheraton Fisherman's Wharf. Thanks for the 5 star rating and the nice comments about our staff, location and, especially, Prince. He certainly epitomizes our service culture and I am happy that you were able to meet him.

Please come back to see us again. Make it soon.

Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 10 May 2014

We booked this room at the last minute due to a flight delay so maybe that's why is wasn't that great of an experience. We wanted to make the best of a bad situation so we took a cab all the way from the airport (about 30 minutes) to Fisherman's Wharf. The person that checked us in wasn't exactly friendly. Our room had an awful view of the roof but who wants to stay in the room when you're in this beautiful city! :)

Fisherman's Wharf was amazing! We ate at Scoma's, which was recommended by a local, and we absolutely loved it! So happy that everything else was everything and more that I'd ever dreamed Fisherman's Wharf would be since the hotel didn't work out too good.

Back to the hotel. We had to leave at 4am due to an early flight out. The problem was that there was no one to be seen anywhere to help us get a cab. After about 10 minutes of searching my husband finally found someone to help us with a cab.

If I'm ever lucky enough to get to go again I think I'll do a little research and stay somewhere else.

1 Thank riverrush
Dear riverrush,

Thanks for staying with us. Where it sounds like you made the most of your short visit here, I regret that some aspects of your stay did not live up to expectations. We will look into the areas that you pointed out to ensure not further occurrences.

We hope that you will return here. Thanks again.

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 8 May 2014

I stayed on a Monday night, April 28, 2014.

There were a LOT of people there for a convention, so its a bustling hotel. The front desk was nice though, and, as a SPG Platinum member, I was given a breakfast voucher. The restaurant was packed, so I just asked to take it up to my room -- the cafe lady was veryyy nice, and it was just what I needed after my flight.

I smiled as I walked to my room, enjoying the nautical theme. For example, the hotel layout and fire escape plan was done in a "treasure map" style -- cute. The room is by no means modern, but spacious enough and comfortable. I think the price reflects its convenience to Fisherman's Wharf and the tourist attractions there.

Personally, I find no real reason to be in that area unless you're attending a convention nearby. For the foodies: there *might* be a few decent restaurants nearby, but, after you've factored in the higher tourist-area price, you will probably just wish you took a cab to the more critically-acclaimed restaurants in other parts of the city.

I'd come back to stay if I was back in the city with my parents, to take em to Alcatraz or something. But only for a night, then hopping to another part of town.

Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Dear WheresDuy,

Thanks for staying with us. Always glad to hear from our SPG Platinum members and especially happy that we treated you right. Sure wish that you stopped by our concierge to talk food with our foodies.There are some terrific restaurants in the Fisherman's Wharf, Embarcadaro, North Beach and Chinatown areas that we would have been happy to recommend.

It was a pleasure to serve you. We look forward to welcoming you back. Come hungry!

Perth
Reviewed 7 May 2014

I had probably one of the worst rooms in the hotel. It was on the groundfloor close to a busy intersection. The room was not particularly nice and was showing its age.

The staff were pleasant enough and the rest of the hotel was typical of any two-star joint. What I hate is that they expect you to pay for WIFI access.

Dear Perth,

We regret that the room assigned to you did not meet your needs. Please let us know when this occurs and we will be happy to work with you to provide options.

We hope that you will consider a return visit.

Travellers are raving about these San Francisco hotels

South Easton, MA
Reviewed 7 May 2014

We stayed here 3 nites in late April. Nice hotel in great location. Close to cable cars, Pier 39, Ghiraradelli Square. Rooms very comfortable. Lobby is a bit small. I left a pair of pants hanging in the closet, had to pay $20 shipping to get them returned. Not sure if this is the usual rate, but was disappointed at cost of shipping.

Dear Easton,

Thanks for the 4 star rating and nice coments about your stay at Sheraton Fisherman's Wharf. We were happy to note that you had a nice room and loved our location.

The shipping charges for returned items come straight from UPS as they have proven to be most reliable for us. However, we are happy to work with your preferred shipping agent.

Please come back to see us again.