“Wonderful” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersGold level
Seattle, Washington
“Wonderful”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 February 2014 via mobile

My wife and I stayed at the Sir Francis Drake in San Francisco February 12 - 15th for a Valentine's Day getaway. Didn't know much about the Hotel, aside from what we had seen online. We were wonderfully surprised at just how accommodating and pleasant the staff was. They helped us with directions to get around town, referred us to fantastic restaurants and genuinely made us feel special. We even got a private historical tour of the Hotel.....Wow...what a story the hotel has....We want to acknowledge some specific members of the staff, as they were most involved with our stay and again, made sure our experience was wonderful. Vilen Gabrielyan..."Thank you so much for the tour and for taking such good care of my wife and I, you were absolutely the best....Micheal, at the front desk, for ensuring that we didn't miss the wine tasting."
- As for the management, and others who make the big decisions,...The hotel is absolutely fantastic, can't imagine staying at a different hotel. But, it is people like Vilen and Micheal that truly sold the experience for us at the hotel. The Sir Francis Drake will be in our hearts for a long time to come, and we will definitely be returning soon.

Thanks again, and take care of the "Drake".....She's a special place.

Best,
Chris and Chrysi Greene
206-877-2128

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (677)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 February 2014

I stayed at this hotel on my last night using a Jetsetter deal. It is a really beautiful hotel and my room was really lovely. My room overlooked Powell street - the cable cars run up it all day and into the night (it stops around midnight) so if you find the noise annoying, ask for a room on the other side of the hotel. It is right next to a Starbucks and there's a great American diner on the corner that I got an excellent fish and chips at.

Everyone was very friendly, especially the concierge who helped me book a shuttle to the airport. I would have loved to have spent more time here and the bed was very comfy, but I had an early flight to catch.

Green Features: I believe there was a program where you get a credit to your room if you refuse housekeeping. Since I was only staying one night, I could not take advantage, but it's a great idea.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank LifeOptimist
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 February 2014

My company has been holding events at the Sir Francis Drake Hotel for many years now and we’ve been very pleased with everything this hotel has to offer, including its central location and outstanding customer service. Last year, I had the chance to work with Becca Dinow and Stephanie Hiatt and it was truly a pleasure to interact with them from the planning stages through execution. They did everything possible to accommodate all of our requests and remained deeply involved throughout production. I have great respect for the Sir Francis Drake Hotel and would highly recommend this venue to anyone looking for a hotel to stay or to host a corporate event.

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 February 2014

Beautiful historical hotel, excellent customer service, great location. Great staff and service, Christine Nolan in sales helped me get a last minute reservation while traveling to SF for business, even though my company doesn't have a special program. Love the amenities at Kimpton hotels, especially the wine hour.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Ilsa_Steele
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 February 2014

My company has been working with the Sir Francis Drake Hotel for years to book guest rooms, meeting rooms and host corporate events. Although the hotel location is certainly a plus (Union Square) I am particularly happy with the service they provide. Last year we worked with Becca Dinow and Stephanie Hiatt who went above and beyond and accommodated all of our needs. They made sure all our requests were attended, which resulted in a seamless experience. I would recommend the Sir Francis Drake to anybody who is looking for comfort, convenience and efficiency.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Wilmington, Delaware
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 February 2014

As a meeting planner, I depend on attentive and dependable service at the facilities I use. I have nothing but rave reviews for the Sir Francis Drake meeting crew. Becca Dinow and Albert Sabado are top notch! Very responsive both before the meetings and during them. My meetings have gone splendidly: outstanding service, food, rooms, etc. We've done two meetings there—one for a group of 24 and one for a group of six—and the hotel has been able to accommodate every need. My meeting leader could not have been happier.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2014

This was my second stay at the Sir Francis Drake and though I was there for a business retreat I couldn't get over how beautiful the hotel is. It's so beautiful that it's on the short list of places I want to get married!
The staff was incredible at taking care of my company as we put on a business retreat for 80 participants. Becca Dinow was especially considerate and on-top-of-it the entire weekend.
This hotel is a landmark but the staff doesn't rest on it's beauty. They work hard and deliver great service all around.

Room Tip: Get a room with a view. it's beautiful.