Kimpton Sir Francis Drake Hotel
US$279
US$253
  • Pool
Omni San Francisco Hotel(San Francisco)
US$417
US$368
  • Room Service
Club Quarters Hotel in San Francisco(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
US$265
US$250
US$321
US$291
  • Restaurant
Hotel Zoe Fisherman's Wharf(San Francisco)
US$361
US$284
US$284
US$256
US$591
US$500
  • Restaurant
Fairmont San Francisco(San Francisco)
US$354
US$290
3,500 results
All reviewsstarlight roomscala's bistrounion squarelobby baryoga mathistoric hotelwine hourcable cartop floorrooms are smallstreet noisean older hotelqueen roompowell stvalet parkingfisherman's wharffew blocks
Reviewed 24 August 2014

I agree with other reviewers' comments. Kimpton has renovated this old hotel, with its small baths, as well as possible. Outstanding bed and linens. Well equipped. Attentive, friendly staff. Delicious breakfasts at cafe and good drinks at Skylight while watching the sun set from the 21st floor. But internet connect broke down in the third day, and their tech service could not restore it on my Mac. For about $200 in the center of San Francisco, it was a great value.

2  Thank Don620
Reviewed 21 August 2014

The pros: Amazing architecture, prime location, attentive staff, great wine hour, tastefully-decorated rooms. The cons: the restaurant was inconsistent (see separate review), the bathroom was small, and the room was noisy (street noise and thin walls between rooms). Also, they don't offer goldfish like other Kimptons (why?).

2  Thank RaymondD
Jim G, Manager at Kimpton Sir Francis Drake Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2014

Hey Traveler,

Thank you for the 4 star review! I am glad that the pros outweighed the cons. Our Architecture and design is really something to be seen, and when you pair that with an amazing staff like we have you can't go wrong! I am bummed to hear that your experience in Scala's was inconsistent; I am certain our restaurant team will take you feedback seriously and make some adjustments.

We look forward to having you back next time you and in San Francisco.

Reviewed 21 August 2014

We stayed for three nights the end of July and were very pleased with our choice of the Sir Francis Drake. The location was perfect; we enjoyed the 5:00 wine pour, playing checkers, and relaxing in the comfortable chairs upstairs. The continental breakfast and people watching was perfect! Special kudos to Chris at the front desk. He was awesome.

When you are visiting San Francisco for three days of sightseeing, how much time do you need to spend in the small bathroom anyway??

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Leslie C
Jim G, Manager at Kimpton Sir Francis Drake Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2014

Hi Leslie,

Thank you for the great 5 star review! I am so delighted that you enjoyed our amazing hotel and our amazing city during our stay. The games at wine our sure do bring the event alive, I'm glad you were able to partake. We agree, who needs to spend time in the bathroom when you have an amazing city to explore!

See you next time you are in San Francisco.

Cheers,

Reviewed 19 August 2014

Stayed one week in Aug. 2014 for a sales meeting, I only live 30minutes away. My usual Hyatt was sold out due to a convention in town so decided to try Sir Francis Drake. I am from the area I have been here plenty of times to the Starlight Room upstairs. NEVER again will I stay here again, for the price its crazy cramped, bathrooms in all co-workers rooms were crazy small. 1st NIGHT: we heard our neighbors having sex, 2nd NIGHT: we couldn't sleep since we heard our other neighbors conversation all night long. Walls are paper thin so you are practically sitting in the same room as the ppl next door. 3rd & 4th NIGHT: our room 712 lights started turning on/off, flickering on their own around 1am & 2am. Thankfully I had a co-worker roommate or else i would had preferred to sleep on the street. We asked the front desk about the weird stuff that was going on & they CONFIRMED PLACE IS DEFINITELY HAUNTED! Being from the area i know there are a lot of hookers in town, but I never knew this hotel was the new hooker hang out spot. Our co-workers got asked "how much they were willing to spend," non stop (lobby bar, starlight room, and front entrance). I posted a pic of the type of decor this hotel has, its terrifying. Overall, I have no desire to stay here ever again. I heard ppl actually honeymoon here, seriously? Couldn't think of a worse cramped spot to be at on your honeymoon, while all my co-workers & I laugh the next day when we could all hear our neighbors on different floors. We had sales ppl on floors: 3/6/7/8/12 all experienced spooky stuff! Oh & their Wifi was really bad.

2  Thank Heidi H
Jim G, Manager at Kimpton Sir Francis Drake Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2014

Hey butterflyxoxo143,

Yikes! This is definitely not the feedback we like to hear. Due to the historic nature of our building some of our rooms are a bit smaller than some of the other downtown hotels; the charm isn't for everyone. We take all noise complaints very seriously and we have no problem reaching out to whoever is being disruptive it's important to us that all guests are able to get a good night sleep while staying with us. Now, lights flickering and being haunted is a new one for me; I definitely have not see any supernatural behaviors in the building so I am thinking there might be a short in the lights in your guest room...we will take a look into it! We are definitely bummed about the 1 star, and the never again....if you do have a change of heart please reach out to me directly so I can ensure everything is perfect for your return.

Reviewed 19 August 2014 via mobile

Well OK for US standards
Have a great bar on top floor
Service was Ok, room was clean, location is center... Price also OK
The drawbacks... Small Rooms and a little noisy, also breakfast wasn't great... But will probably comeback in next Oracle Open World

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Jim G, Manager at Kimpton Sir Francis Drake Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2014

Hi Luis,

Thank you for the reivew! I am bummed we just left you feeling OK, we always want our guests to be leaving with a farm fuzzy feeling inside. I am delighted that you will be returning for the next Oracle Open World. Please reach out to be directly after booking so I can ensure your stay is perfect!