Fairmont San Francisco
US$446
US$222
  • Pool
Comfort Inn by the Bay(San Francisco)
US$233
US$217
  • Breakfast included
Club Quarters Hotel in San Francisco(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
US$240
US$235
  • Restaurant
InterContinental Mark Hopkins San Francisco(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
US$254
US$222
  • Room Service
Hilton Parc 55 San Francisco(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
US$278
US$240
  • Bar/Lounge
San Francisco Marriott Marquis(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
US$521
US$289
US$220
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
Kimpton Buchanan(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
US$194
US$174
  • Restaurant
Hotel Zoe Fisherman's Wharf(San Francisco)
US$329
US$278
Hotels.com
3,715 results
All reviewsnob hilllaurel courtgingerbread housebeautiful hotelpresidents clubtonga barrooftop gardentower roomclassic hotelmain buildingwalk in closetroom servicegrace cathedralcable car linesbeautiful lobbycoit towerunion square
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 11 June 2014

Stayed on 12th floor in a refurbished room overlooking the Bay. Very comfortable and fantastic aspect. Hotel has great atmosphere and history a lot of which is recorded in interesting photos on the walls. Restaurant was a bit gloomy and the breakfasts although good were expensive, particularly, if not included within the tariff (we extended our stay and were stung). Curious that a hotel in San Francisco maintains a charge for wi-fi but a negotiation for waiver may be worthwhile. Although hotel is in great location the interesting restaurants in Mission and Valencia areas are bit of a slog. Shame that the once famous Plunge Pool is no longer available, place could really do with a swimming pool (salt water), perhaps, at the expense of a few parking spaces. Overall a great stay.

Room Tip: Refurbished rooms were very confortable
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
FairmontSF, Online Marketing Manager at Fairmont San Francisco, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2014

Thank you for commenting on your recent stay with us. It sounds like you had a great stay overall and found the hotel beautiful. We are very proud of our renovated rooms and feel their more modern decor perfectly matches the historic luxury of the property. I can certainly appreciate your preference for a pool, but hopefully you were able to visit and enjoy Tonga Room. It is a San Francisco institution for nearly 70 years and one of a kind. Thanks again and we hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 10 June 2014

We stayed and paid extra for a high floor, 22nd floor to be exact. Didn't know 24th floor is where the weddings are held. Watched our room shake and listened to loud music until 12:30 am and all day Sunday.
This hotel does not care about you unless you in a wedding or convention.
Very poor place for a couples weekend.
Very expensive to be very unhappy.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank stevesanibel

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay with us. I"m very sorry to hear of your negative experience and apologize for the noisiness of your room. I will definitely share your feedback with the staff and hope you would be willing to return and allow us the opportunity to give you the stay you deserve.

Reviewed 9 June 2014

The Fairmont in San Francisco is exemplary in all ways--from the wonderful food and beverage choices, wonderful/luxurious rooms, to the warm/welcoming/knowledgeable service. We celebrated our 25th Wedding Anniversary and the hotel staff made the experience absolutely DIVINE! I think we love this hotel most of all because of its expansive history in San Francisco--and it the way the hotel recognizes its history and has made its history (with fabulous photographs and narratives) available to be seen and read about in the public areas. THIS is where to stay in San Francisco, look no further--you deserve the best and the Fairmont delivers.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Fairmont Hotels & Resorts
FairmontSF, Online Marketing Manager at Fairmont San Francisco, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

Thank you for your exceedingly kind words about the hotel and Happy Anniversary! We are always honored when guests choose to share some special occasions with us. As we pride ourselves on service, it's great to hear of your experience with the staff. We are a very historic property and much of that history is on display throughout the property, so it's nice to hear your appreciation. Again I thank you for your kind words and Happy Anniversary! We look forward to welcoming you again in the future.

Reviewed 8 June 2014

I have heard through the years of this hotel and finally took the opportunity to treat myself. To get to the hotel - it is 20 min form SFO airport. It is the first and original of all of The Fairmont Hotels. Most or all of the Presidents or Vice Presidents when visiting San Francisco choose to stay at The Fairmont. It sits on top of Nob Hill with amazing views of the city and water. It is centrally located around stores, restaurants and all kinds of places to explore nearby. The Mark Hopkins is right next door with a sky bar for martinis.

When you walk in the lobby you will be stunned with the beautiful marble with gold accents throughout. There are couches and places to sit and relax and enjoy the beautiful lobby. All the staff is attentive and are always friendly and helpful. Check-in was easy - and I had a nice room with a queen bed.

The room was spacious. I had a good view of the city. The room smelled fresh as of new carpet due to the recent renovations of the whole hotel. The furniture was all beautiful. The bathroom was all marble and nice, with awesome shower gels and soaps, and shower was wonderful with awesome soft fresh bath towels.

They had internet and there was a charge of like $13 for 24 hours. My cell phone had excellent reception (Tmobile) so I just used my cell phone for teathering and had great service - so I really did to pay for the internet.

Check out was just as easy. I just used my cell phone to check a link to an email that was sent - and everything was listed, I just approved it and dropped off my key. Valet parking was $65.00 I could take my car in and out anytime and they were quick bringing it up and gave fresh towels and water.

I really enjoyed my stay at the Fairmont, and would highly recommend for everyone - no matter of what occasion. If you are in the city and have a chance you will really enjoy this!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank surfcali

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay with us. It sounds like you had a wonderful experience and will definitely return. As you mentioned we are a very historic property (the original Fairmont) and the "residence of the Presidents". Our lobby presents a sense of arrival that is unmatched in the City. We are very proud of our guestroom renovation, so we are thrilled to hear such positive feedback from our guests. One thing to note; members of our Fairmont President's Club loyalty program receive complimentary WiFi amongst numerous other benefits. Thanks again and we hope to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 8 June 2014

I really enjoyed my stay at Fairmont. All hotel staffs are super friendly. The interior of the lobby is magnificent. Tonga Room restaurant is a must. It is in walking distance to Chinatown and right across cable car stop.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Fairmont Hotels & Resorts

I'm pleased to hear you had such a nice stay with us and that you had such wonderful interactions with the team. I look forward to sharing your feedback with the staff and we hope to welcome you back in the near future.