“Top notch service”

Fairmont San Francisco
Ranked #29 of 230 Hotels in San Francisco
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 17 August 2014

Great, fantastic hotel. Room was very well appointed, beds and linens were great. Service was excellent. I recommend joining their Presidents Club. The gym and spa area was a nice surprise as well. I would most certainly go back.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
FairmontSF, Online Marketing Manager at Fairmont San Francisco, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2014

Thank you for your kind words about the hotel. I"m thrilled to hear you had such a nice stay with us and plan on returning. Thanks again and I look forward to sharing your comments with the staff, I know they'll be thrilled to hear it.

Reviewed 17 August 2014

We stayed at the Fairmont Hotel in San Francisco from 9 August until 13 August 2014.

The staff were friendly,helpful and most obliging. Our room was in the tower on the15th floor and was spacious and quiet with everything we needed including a large bath tub.

We asked for a quiet room and got it. The walls between us and the adjacent rooms was brick and this made things very peaceful.We had a nice view and we would recommend this hotel and stay here again.

By joining their Fairmont Presidents Club [free to join] we received free in room internet access [broadband] which was handy.

The Fairmont is a real grand old hotel and the decor and architecture reflect this.There are plenty of photos and mementos from the hotels past adorning the corridor walls along with photos from the earthquake and fire. Interesting place to stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the tower above level 10
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your kind words about the hotel. I'm very pleased to hear you enjoyed your time with us and found the hotel beautiful. As we pride ourselves on service, it's nice to hear of your interactions with the staff. The tower offers some of the most stunning views in the City and it sounds like you agree. Thanks again for your kind words and we look forward to your return.

Reviewed 17 August 2014

Stayed here 2 weeks ago, for 5 days. I was SHOCKED!!!! in a good way…. I've stayed at many hotels in San Fran. By far, these rooms were the biggest I've ever seen! And that says a lot for the city by the bay…. Had room to hang all clothes in the closet, and even an extra rack for our luggage. Temperature was well controlled throughout the hotel. Bell service was great, and the people at the front desk were always helpful. The only bad thing is the Valet Parking price. $60 per day is a bit steep, but I probably shouldn't have had a rental car in the city anyway. But I will definitely stay here again on my next trip! Well wort the price!

Reviewed 17 August 2014

Nice hotel but for a much lower price I have stayed at the same, if not better quality hotels in San Francisco. You are on the top a very high hill which provides great views but also plan to have to walk up and down it. Near chinatown and walkable distance to the warf and ferry building. Overall no compliants but I am dissappointed that I paid significantly more to stay at a Fairmont brand when the Hyatt was cheaper ans provides the same quality.

Review collected in partnership with Fairmont Hotels & Resorts
Reviewed 17 August 2014

Have stayed at a few Fairmonts, and this lived up to expectations!
Amazing location on the top of Nob Hill offering fantastic views out over the harbour
Walking down the main hall way looking at all the pictures of the Hotel over the years and the famous people who have stayed there was like a history lesson
The Tonga room downstairs was great fun and a nice place to have dinner and drinks and enjoy the show
Concierge staff helped us make some great local dinner reservations and advice on the best way to get out to see the Golden State warriors game

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your kind words about the hotel. I'm very pleased to hear you had such a nice stay with us and found the hotel so beautiful. Tonga Room is a San Francisco landmark not to be missed and I'm happy you enjoyed it. Thanks again and we hope to welcome you again in the near future.

Reviewed 16 August 2014

Beautiful, Historic Hotel in the center of the city. Conveniently located to Union Square and the Wharf. We found the door, front desk and room services excellent. Was not impressed with the Concierge on the morning of Aug 2nd, he was rude and dismissive - not what I would expect from a 5 star hotel.

Review collected in partnership with Fairmont Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for your kind words about the hotel. I'm very happy you enjoyed the hotel and were pleased with the service. That being said, I apologize for the rudeness of the concierge as that is not indicative of the service level we strive to provide. Thanks again and we hope to welcome you again in the future.

Reviewed 16 August 2014

The Fairmont is a grand old hotel with beautiful architecture in a lovely location. Unfortunately, that's where the good times stop. There was nobody to help with luggage as we exited the cab. The room is very small and few things seem to work. The folding rack to place your luggage is broken. The internet is "dial-up modem" slow. Only a few hangers in the closet (good luck hanging your clothes). It takes quite a few minutes before you will ever get hot water. The bathroom has no place to put your toiletries. Easy to hear everyone's conversation in the hall. The free coffee in the morning ends at 7:30AM; I got some but by the time my wife came down, it was cleared away. And for all these wonderful amenities, we're paying a premium. Next time, I'll be staying in Union Square.

Room Tip: Don't bother.
1  Thank Richard M

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay with us. I'm very sorry to hear it was not up to your standards. We strive to provide excellent value to all our guests so I apologize that we fell short in your case. Given that we have just recently completed a comprehensive guest room renovation, I'm surprised to hear of the condition of your room. If you could contact me with your room number I would greatly appreciate it and we can be sure to fix the broken items. Thanks again and I look forward to your response.
lucas.schumacher@fairmont.com