1,846 results
All reviewswine and cheeseunion squarecontinental breakfastother guestsevening cookieswarm cookiesfreshly baked cookiessmall hotelboutique hotelhard boiled eggsbrick wallyogurtevening winepost streetsitting areaceiling fanperfect location
Reviewed 18 February 2014

My husband stayed here for 3 nights as part of our West coast vacation. The staff were excellent and couldn't do enough to help. The location is perfect, close to transport, restaurants, diners and shopping. The breakfast was adequate and it was a nice touch having the wine and cheese in the evenings. We were travelling extensively, so had large suitcases. The room we had (302) was very clean and had a lovely welcoming atmosphere, however for our luggage (2 large suitcases) was a little too small. The bathroom was also very clean and with plenty of towels and personal products, however once again quite small and little space for placing our own toiletries. This is an old building, so the lift is also slow and the stairs narrow. Having said all the above, we did have a lovely vacation.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
IAUSManager, General Manager at The Inn at Union Square - A Greystone Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your kind comments regarding your 3-day stay at the Inn at Union Square. We are happy to hear how our location in Union Square, just steps from first-class shopping, dining, and public transportation, as well as our excellent staff enhanced your vacation to the West Coast. We are also glad that you enjoyed our complimentary breakfast and our evening wine and cheese hour. We hope to have the opportunity to serve you again when travels return you to San Francisco.

Reviewed 16 February 2014

My wife and I just spent the weekend in San Francisco. We were fortunate enough to choose The Inn at Union Station for our stay. The facilities were great, the staff was awesome and the location was fantastic for access to shops and restaurants downtown. You can't go wrong picking this hotel.

2  Thank Mike O

Dear Mike O,
Thank you so much for your wonderful feedback regarding your recent weekend getaway with your wife in San Francisco. We are so pleased to hear how you enjoyed our excellent facilities, awesome staff and fantastic location in the heart of Union Square. We were fortunate to have you as our guests and we hope to see you soon, and often!

Reviewed 15 February 2014

The selling points of this hotel are
-incredible location, it is so easy to get anywhere from Union Square
-beautifully appointed rooms
-personable, useful, professional service from everyone at the hotel

This hotel is tiny and has no view but they compensate for this by giving you very nicely finished rooms and great service. The hotel staff were amazing - so friendly and helpful.

The bedding in our room was very comfortable and the pillows were flat and soft, which I have noticed is a big thing in boutique hotels. The hotel was quiet although we could hear people going to the buffet room at the end of our hall each morning. This didn't really bother me and it was an interesting concept having a buffet every morning and afternoon.

The buffet room made staying there more social and friendly. It wasn't like we became friends with anyone but it was a refreshing change to smile at and say hello to your fellow guests.

The breakfasts were very satisfying. We liked the bagels and cream cheese and the French press coffee was good.

I have to say that after traipsing around the city all day it was kinda awesome having wine and cheese and snacks in the buffet room upon returning to our hotel room.

I really liked the bathrooms. They had a full sized bath tub and Aveda products. For someone who likes grooming as much as me, The Inn at Union Square really hit home - loved the rosemary and mint shampoo and conditioner.

If you are thinking about staying in San Francisco and don't need a spectacular view I would recommend staying here. This is my third stay in SF and I will definitely come back to The Inn at Union Square.

Room Tip: as far from the buffet room if you are on the third or fifth floor
2  Thank Christopher-Hus... B
IAUSManager, General Manager at The Inn at Union Square - A Greystone Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2014

Dear Christopher-Hussein,
We should hire you to do our marketing! We appreciate your kind comments and are so pleased you found the Inn at Union Square to be conducive to your enjoyment of your time in San Francisco. From our friendly staff and great location in Union Square to our value added extras such as evening wine hour and complimentary breakfast, we strive to provide every guest with an exceptional experience. We look forward to the opportunity to serve you again when travels return you to San Francisco

Reviewed 12 February 2014

I can't say enough about the warmth and charm of this hotel. It is very well located. My room was quiet and very pretty and comfortable. It had every amenity that I could ask for. The complementary breakfast and evening wine and hors d'ouvres were very nice. I was traveling alone and met some very nice people in the common dining/meeting area. I sometimes took breakfast back to my room on one of the provided trays. Wifi was complementary and very good.
I will definitely return to this hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms on the 3rd and 5th floors are closer to the breakfast/evening wine areas.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Joyce W
Reviewed 11 February 2014

My wife and I stayed at this lovely hotel last week. It is in a nice central location,

The best part of our stay was Wayne the Inn Keeper. Really enjoyed the happy hour hosted on the 3rd and 5th floors. Made to feel right at home. Great wine and cheese set up. Met lots of wonderful guest's each day. Would come back anytime. Staff at front desk so helpful with any query. Also look forward to trying out some of the other properties own by this group..

Room Tip: Nice mini suite on 3rd floor.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
IAUSManager, General Manager at The Inn at Union Square - A Greystone Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2014

Dear Guest,
We appreciate your kind comments regarding your recent visit to the Inn at Union Square. We are pleased you enjoyed our friendly, helpful staff and Wayne in particular. Our complimentary wine and cheese reception is a great way to share travel notes with fellow guests and we're glad you enjoyed your experience! We look forward to welcoming you back when you return to San Francisco.