We live about 80 miles from San Francisco, and we go into the city for two- or three-day weekends about three times a year. Hotels in areas like Union Square and Fishherman's Wharf always charge for parking. THIS ONE DOES NOT! Making a reservation on line was simple. The room for one night was $129.00 tax included, and parking was free. Five-minute walk to Pier 39, ten-minute walk to Gharadelli Square--in other words, superb location.
There is nothing fancy here--but the room was spacious and clean. I actually wondered about even reviewing this place--didn't want the word to get out that this is undoubtedly the best value in San Francisco, but it is and is worth a visit. View was non-existent (at least from our room) but the room was off the main street so it was quiet--even on a Saturday night.
Don't expect the Ritz here, but this is a wonderful bargain. We were warned on previous Trip
Advisor Reviews that the hotel was not spotless and it was noisy. Maybe we were lucky, but we will return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Wharf Inn is an independent 51 room hotel with 50 guest rooms and 1 Penthouse Suite built in 1959 located in the heart of Fisherman's Wharf, San Francisco's most tourist-friendly neighborhood. We are steps away from Pier 39, cable car terminals and Alcatraz boats. Walk to world-famous restaurants, browse through colorful shops at historic Ghirardelli Square and the Cannery, ride cable cars and street cars to North Beach, Chinatown, and the Union Square shopping district. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your The Wharf Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Wharf Hotel San Francisco
- Wharf Hotel San Francisco
- Wharf Inn San Francisco