This hotel is amazing for its location! Only a block from the Embarcadero and Fisherman's Wharf, and a very short walk to Pier 39, Giradelli Square, the Cable Cars... and a 7-11 accross the street and a Safeway and Trader Joes a mere two blocks away.
The hotel is older, but everything was clean and in good working order. Our room served us well for the 3 night stay, and that is saying a lot as we had a full house! It was great to be able to walk to everything. We had free parking (which is VERY rare in this area for any hotel), and we literally didn't move the car until we checked out. The wifi worked great as well. There was not fridge, nor a coffee maker, but an $8 styrofoam cooler from the 7-11 with their ice machine kept our drinks cold, and they had coffee service in their office. The staff was friendly and accomodating.
The only downside was one of the nights the folks above us were making a terrible racket, with loud footsteps across the floor and what sounded like someone jumping off the beds! This was all between 10 and 11 at night! We finally called the office and they sent someone up... apparently the family was trying to "tire out" their kids, and they were literally jumping off the beds. Amazing how some people have NO CLUE as to what it takes to be considerate to others while in a hotel! Kudos to the staff for trying to stop them..., which they eventually did.
Otherwise, this place is great. You won't have all the bells and whistles, but if you want to save a ton of money and have amazing access to this part of San Fran (and easy access to other parts being near the Cable Car lines), this is the place to stay!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Wharf Inn is an independent 51 room hotel with 50 guest rooms and 1 Penthouse Suite built in 1959 located in the heart of Fisherman's Wharf, San Francisco's most tourist-friendly neighborhood. We are steps away from Pier 39, cable car terminals and Alcatraz boats. Walk to world-famous restaurants, browse through colorful shops at historic Ghirardelli Square and the Cannery, ride cable cars and street cars to North Beach, Chinatown, and the Union Square shopping district. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your The Wharf Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Wharf Hotel San Francisco
- Wharf Hotel San Francisco
- Wharf Inn San Francisco