We stayed at the Wharf Inn for 2 nights while visiting San Francisco on our way to Los Angeles. The Inn's location is right on Fisher Mans Wharf, just a short walk from Pier 39 with easy access to public transportation, cable car and tour stops. I felt very safe out walking the whole time we were there- as early as 8:30am and as late as 10:30pm. The Inn staff is fantastic! They are very welcoming, friendly and happy to offer advice, answer questions and help in anyway possible. The property itself is old but well maintained and our room was clean. There is free wifi, coffee, tea and hot chocolate (drinks located in the office). Additionally, the free parking is a huge bonus since public/street parking is difficult to find.
Now for the downside, as I mentioned this is an older property, the beds were uncomfortable and the shower was low for me (I'm 5'3"). The hotel does not have A/C. However these things would not deter me from visiting again.
The Wharf Inn is a great value in San Francisco compared to the more pricey hotels and the location cannot be beat.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Wharf Inn is an independent 51 room hotel with 50 guest rooms and 1 Penthouse Suite built in 1959 located in the heart of Fisherman's Wharf, San Francisco's most tourist-friendly neighborhood. We are steps away from Pier 39, cable car terminals and Alcatraz boats. Walk to world-famous restaurants, browse through colorful shops at historic Ghirardelli Square and the Cannery, ride cable cars and street cars to North Beach, Chinatown, and the Union Square shopping district. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com and Priceline so you can book your The Wharf Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Wharf Hotel San Francisco
- Wharf Hotel San Francisco
- Wharf Inn San Francisco