We stayed here for 4 nights whilst touring the States. When we checked in quite late the young lady on the desk was very helpful and went out of her way to make us feel welcome. She assisted me in finding a parking spot as all the spaces in the hotel were full, and patiently stood by as I made a poor, or rather several poor, attempts to parallel park our hire car. She also pointed us in the direction of a lovely pub, Liverpool Lils, which was just round the corner.
The room was well-furnished and clean - with a very comfortable bed. The night was a bit chilly but the heating unit worked superbly. Each room had a safe, a fridge, and there was an excellent connection speed from the free wifi.
During our breakfast on our first morning Ray, the concierge, was a mine of information and helped us sort out the excursions for our stay. The breakfast itself was a bit sparse - 2 types of cereal, croissants and danish pastries, but still met our needs.
The motel is in a nice location, away from all the hubbub of central San Francisco but still within walking distance of some nice restaurants in Chestnut Street.
The hotel is also near 5 different bus routes that take you to various locations throughout SF. We used the buses to visit Chinatown, Union Square, Fisherman's Wharf and Pier 39. The bus costs a flat fare of $2 per adult but you could use it to tranfer onto other routes if you can't get a direct one.
All in all we had a fantastic time and would highly recommend this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- All of our Rooms feature: Free Reliable High Speed Wireless Internet Access, Refrigerator, New Flat Screen LCD TV with Cable and HBO, Alarm Clock with MP3 Player, In-room Coffee, Hairdryer, and free access to a business center with a printer from 7AM to 7PM. We are pet friendly, $20/Pet/Day cleaning fee. We are a 100% non smoking, AAA approved hotel with free limited parking. The Palace of Fine Arts and Exploratorium are just four block's walk away. Our location is especially good for touring the city while remaining quiet. We are near 5 bus lines which can transport you all over the city. The staff here was either born in the city or has lived her long enough to help you navigate the well and not so well known parts of San Francisco. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Hotels.com, Odigeo, Priceline, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Travelodge at the Presidio San Francisco reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- San Francisco At The Presidio Travelodge Hotel San Francisco
- Travelodge San Francisco
- Travel Lodge San Francisco
- San Francisco Travel Lodge
- San Francisco Travelodge