I, too, picked this place after reading online reviews. My sister and I stayed here 5 nights and it looks like they've recently upgraded the rooms (new carpet, bedding, bathroom sink area). There's not a lot of counter space in the rooms, but I loved the thermostat controlled air conditioning. I had to strategically clip our curtains closed to keep it dark in the room, but there was little to no noise! Bed was super comfy.
The hotel is about 2 blocks off Lombard Street. About 4 blocks from the hotel on Chestnut Street there are a lot of restaurants and shops to check out. There is a MUNI bus stop right across from the hotel, and one just a few blocks away for a different line. They have free parking (BONUS!) but the spots are really tight! Luckily we were in a Bug.
Free continental breakfast was enough for us. I usually skip breakfast anyway. The front desk guy in the mornings always asked how our day was and would tell us about any festivals or cool events going on. He is by far one of the best frontline personnel I've seen (and I work in the hospitality industry!).
After shopping for a long time I found the specials on their website were the best prices. There was a discrepancy between what I had reserved (price) and what I was charged. Turns out there is a small fee for use of the safe that you can decline at check-in (I didn't notice it on the check-in sheet I signed) but I emailed the hotel and they refunded the money since we didn't use the safe. I would definitely stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- All of our Rooms feature: Free Reliable High Speed Wireless Internet Access, Refrigerator, New Flat Screen LCD TV with Cable and HBO, Alarm Clock with MP3 Player, In-room Coffee, Hairdryer, and free access to a business center with a printer from 7AM to 7PM. We are pet friendly, $20/Pet/Day cleaning fee. We are a 100% non smoking, AAA approved hotel with free limited parking. The Palace of Fine Arts and Exploratorium are just four block's walk away. Our location is especially good for touring the city while remaining quiet. We are near 5 bus lines which can transport you all over the city. The staff here was either born in the city or has lived her long enough to help you navigate the well and not so well known parts of San Francisco. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Ebookers, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Travelodge at the Presidio San Francisco reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- San Francisco At The Presidio Travelodge Hotel San Francisco
- Travelodge San Francisco
- Travel Lodge San Francisco
- San Francisco Travel Lodge
- San Francisco Travelodge