“Great value and customer service”

Travelodge at the Presidio San Francisco
Ranked #59 of 230 Hotels in San Francisco
Reviewed 29 June 2010

The location is near the Presidio and very quite. The rooms are rather small but adequate. However, the customer service is outstanding. The people on the hotel staff are very friendly, knowledgeable, and extremely helpful.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (1,171)

Reviewed 21 June 2010

Hard to beat for the price. We had an inside room surrounded by 3 rooms ( to noisy at 1:30am), so be sure you get a room on the 3rd floor at the end. Being within walking distance of the Presidio Social Club couldn't be better.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DennisCalifornia
TLPresidio, General Manager at Travelodge at the Presidio San Francisco, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2010

Thank you for posting a review of our hotel. Yes, unfortunately some folks can be a bit noisy at times. I am sorry we were not able to resolve these neighboring sounds. Someone is at the front desk 24 hours a day to help with all issues that come up. In addition to the Presidio Social Club we have many other great restaurants within walking distance (and we love to talk about them). Thank you for your feedback and we hope to see you again.

Reviewed 17 June 2010

During apartment renovations, I had an extended stay at the Travelodge at the Presidio with my pug dog. Tyler, Ray, Nicki, and Andres took great care of me and my dog. Professional, friendly, caring, courteous doesn't even begin to describe their level of service. The room was clean and very quiet. The staff became my temporary family - I still live in the neighborhood and walk my dog over to say hello - she won't let me walk to the Presidio without pulling me in the direction of the Travelodge. I highly recommend it for your stay!

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled solo

All of us were so happy you posted a review! Thank you. I'm sure the move was kinda hectic. It sounds like you've settled in a little bit though. We are glad you chose our hotel to stay at during renovations as it is always nice to see a familiar face every day. Ray, Nicki, Andres, and I miss seeing you and Kira around the hotel, she is a cute doggie. I hope work is going well and we look forward to your visits.

Reviewed 15 June 2010

I, too, picked this place after reading online reviews. My sister and I stayed here 5 nights and it looks like they've recently upgraded the rooms (new carpet, bedding, bathroom sink area). There's not a lot of counter space in the rooms, but I loved the thermostat controlled air conditioning. I had to strategically clip our curtains closed to keep it dark in the room, but there was little to no noise! Bed was super comfy.

The hotel is about 2 blocks off Lombard Street. About 4 blocks from the hotel on Chestnut Street there are a lot of restaurants and shops to check out. There is a MUNI bus stop right across from the hotel, and one just a few blocks away for a different line. They have free parking (BONUS!) but the spots are really tight! Luckily we were in a Bug.

Free continental breakfast was enough for us. I usually skip breakfast anyway. The front desk guy in the mornings always asked how our day was and would tell us about any festivals or cool events going on. He is by far one of the best frontline personnel I've seen (and I work in the hospitality industry!).

After shopping for a long time I found the specials on their website were the best prices. There was a discrepancy between what I had reserved (price) and what I was charged. Turns out there is a small fee for use of the safe that you can decline at check-in (I didn't notice it on the check-in sheet I signed) but I emailed the hotel and they refunded the money since we didn't use the safe. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with friends

The staff was so happy to hear from you again, they all remembered you as soon as they saw the profile picture. Yes, we too were excited to have our bathrooms remodeled in January 2010. Thanks for pointing out the many bus lines in our area. Most the city is easily accessible from our location via public transit. Glad we could host you; when you're back in SF come say hello. Thank you so much for posting a response!

Reviewed 16 May 2010

We stayed here for 3 nights as we'd found it recommended on this website. The staff were super helpful with helping us figure out our bus routes, restaurants to see, etc. The hotel was very close to public transportation, which was a bonus for us since we took the bus everywhere. The hotel is located in a quiet, safe area. The parking was free- the spots were a bit tight. The room was fairly average- nothing too exciting. The continental breakfast was also fairly average. We would stay here again for sure.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
TLPresidio, General Manager at Travelodge at the Presidio San Francisco, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2010

Thank you for your feedback! We are glad to hear your stay was made more enjoyable by the staff. We are constantly exploring the city for new places to send our guests. Our continental breakfast does include oatmeal, cereal, pastries, coffee, juice, and tea. For a full style breakfast we recommend Rose's Cafe or Mel's Dinner; great local choices. Yes…parking is always a bear in SF. Please see our staff at the desk before parking on the street so we can exhaust all options.

Reviewed 9 April 2010

Our stay here was a pleasure due to the personal service provided by the staff -- Ray, Tyler and Nikki all enhanced our stay by offering advice as to what to see and how to get there. We found the public transport easily accessible and many sites and services within walking distance as well.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
TLPresidio, General Manager at Travelodge at the Presidio San Francisco, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2010

Thank you for your feedback! Since San Francisco has so much to see we are always happy to help plan outings. Nikki and Ray are all-stars.

Reviewed 7 April 2010

Trip Advisor reviews we had read, before our visit to the city, convinced us to stay at this Travelodge. We were not disapointed in our overall experience. The location was great. It was in a very quiet and safe area of town. The desk clerks were "exceptionally helpful". Raymond was there our first evening and we couldn't have asked for a more helpful and enthusiastic host.
Our breakfasts were adequate. The room was average in quality, but fine for the money.. Our location was near bus routes, the Bridge and Presidio Park. Most of Lombard Street is very busy, however, this particluar stretch of Lombard is not on 101, hence traffic is very minimal.
Our only frustration was with the TV set. The volume was adjusted so low that we really found it difficult to use. After a long day of sightseeing, we had hoped to relax in the evening, but the TV was virtually useless.
That said, we still highly recommend the Travelodge at the Presidio. We hope you enjoy your stays.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your feedback. We have just completed renovating all the bathrooms at the hotel. Some of our rooms have new TVs and we are in the process of replacing the older, pesky TVs with brand new flat screens! Our staff is very pleased to hear you enjoyed their help. We love San Francisco and sharing our knowledge.