“Friendly and helpful staff at secluded Travelodge”

Travelodge at the Presidio San Francisco
Ranked #60 of 227 Hotels in San Francisco
Fortuna, California
“Friendly and helpful staff at secluded Travelodge”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 November 2010

Recently my husband, teenage son and dog, (yes a dog friendly hotel in SanFrancisco! ) spent 4 nights at the Presidio Travelodge, not to be mistaken for the other 2 or 3 Travelodges on Lombard Street. This one is tucked away on the West end of the street literally steps away from the Presidio gate. The night desk person who checked us in was Nikki and she made absolutely sure we were comfortable with our room. She brought us an extra light and a doggie treat bag for our dog. She assured us the neighborhood was safe and over the course of the next 3 nights cheerfully greeted us when we arrived back at the hotel, tired from a day of exploring and sightseeing. She even came to our car (we had to park around the corner when the lot was full) to see if we needed help carrying anything or help with the dog. Ray, the day person, helped our son locate places to skateboard and gave us driving directions so some out of the way places. The motel is gracefully aging and the rooms are very small, there was free wi-fi, continental breakfast, extra coffee for the room, and free parking! The fridge and microwave were very helpful as we had taken some food from home to enjoy while on vacation. We will no-doubt return. Thanks again Nikki & Ray for all your help and friendliness!

• Stayed November 2010, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
  • Korean first
Rochester, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 November 2010

I stayed at the Travelodge Presidio in late October. After scouring the web for a place to stay, what drew me to this hotel was the mention of free parking. Having never been to San Francisco before, I didn't know parking was such a limited commodity.

The free parking turned out to be a huge benefit. It is admittedly a tight fit (I think I counted eight spaces), but I never had an issue finding a spot. I was there three nights and the farthest away I had to park was half a block away.

This was thanks in part to the great staff. The woman at the desk (sorry, I don't remember her name now!) was able to do a quick glance at a monitor to tell me there was a space around the corner. She was the same attendant when I checked in and she was very friendly and helpful, even asking for my preference of room. I ended up with a room with no direct neighbors and it was extra quiet.

I mentioned the cameras before. It's nice that an eye is kept on the extra parking, but it did not seem I had to worry about the area. The neighborhood itself is beautiful, with many tourist spots within walking distance. My last morning there, I was able to cross the street and wander through the Letterman complex on the Presidio and then stroll over to the Exploratorium. While other hotels just down the road were right on the busy Lombard St., this stretch is just off the main highway and it's surprising how quiet it was. I was there during the World Series and I was even able to walk half a block to a bar full of Giants fans and watch the game. That same helpful attendant told me the bar was recently used for a movie, something that myself as a movie nut appreciated.

I can't think of any real complaints. The room had the usual amount of wear and tear. The free web connection was a little flighty at times, but I also don't have a great laptop either.

I have already told a number of people that if they ever go to San Francisco, to stay at the Travelodge Presidio.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled solo
TLPresidio, General Manager at Travelodge at the Presidio San Francisco, responded to this review, 24 November 2010
Wow! Thank you so much for the detailed review. Feedback similar to this is such a pleasure to read. Nicky remembers helping you during your stay and is pleased to see your review as is the rest of our staff. The Marina district is one of the safest locations in San Francisco and our security cameras add peace of mind. Did you see the Yoda statue at the Letterman Complex? That is George Lucas' main location for project development. It is the old Letterman Hospital from when the Presidio was an active military base. The Final Final is a great bar to watch sports and have a pint, plus, yes, they filmed a scene in Clint Eastwood's Hereafter movie. Thank you for recommending our hotel to folks here and in conversation. It was a pleasure having you here and we hope to see you during your next visit.

Nashville, Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 November 2010

The hotel location is great. Walking distance to great restaurants, night life, Palace of Fine Arts, and you can almost see the Golden Gate Bridge!

We stayed for 5 nights and it was great. They have remodeled some and had a comfy bed. Parking was tight but for ~ $90/night, you can not beat this hotel.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled on business
Thank you for writing a review for us and pointing out all of our main selling points...restaurants, night life, Exploratorium, and more are all so convenient to our hotel. We were happy to host you while you were in San Francisco. Looking forward to next time.

Cleveland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2010

Ours was a very brief stay - just one night. Drove into the easy parking, marveled at the wonderful location, and then set off on a comfortable and delightful walking tour of the area. I too, agree completely with all the good things said before me. I didn't know SF could be so easy - for price, for transportation, and for comfort and security. Oh yes, we were there on the night the Giants won the World Series. It was fun to stand on the balcony and watch the celebrations in the friendly neighborhood and when I was tired I went into my room, closed the door, and not a sound could be heard.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled with family
I have wanted to do one of the walking tours for some time now. They are very informative tours all over the city and times/locations can be found at sfcityguides.org. Thank you for your review of our hotel. We are glad we helped make San Francisco so easy, especially during such an electric time of winning the World Series! We hope to host you the next time you fly in from OH.

Travelodge Presidio
Honolulu, HI
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 October 2010

We enjoyed our stay at Travelodge Presideo very much. Raymond, at the front desk, is "Mr. Travelodge" himself. He was cheerful, helpful, friendly and knew so much about the bus routes and things to do in the city. The room was comfortable (a little small, but this is San Francisco!) and we had a great night's sleep. Would definitely recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
TLPresidio, General Manager at Travelodge at the Presidio San Francisco, responded to this review, 5 November 2010
Five-Star Ray! We are so lucky to have him and the rest of our outstanding staff at this property. Nicky, Richard, Stephen, and Ray are all very familiar with bus routes, restaurants, activities, sights, and many other local points of interest. We are glad you had a great night's sleep...on our extremely comfortable beds. We appreciate your review of our hotel and hope to see you again.

Dana Point
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 October 2010

Tyler and Raymond went out of their way from recommending restaurants to locating a taxi cab. I would highly recommend staying at the property.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled on business
Hello! Thank you for posting a review for everyone to see. Taxis sure can be tough to find on busy days but we are glad we could help. We love seeing our names on this site and can only hope to continue to provide the level of service our guests have grown familiar with. Thank you again.

Springfield, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 October 2010

Staff helped with dining and tour referrals and made arrangements for shuttle to the airport. This is the kind of service you expect at higher-priced hotels. We were very pleased and would definitely recommend staying here. Our room was smallish, but we were quite comfortable.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
Thank you for recommending us to other travelers. We strive to provide the best service possible to each guest and are glad we were able to make your stay pleasant. We hope to create more space with a future furniture upgrade however SF rooms can be on the cozy side. Thank you again for the review and we hope to see you in the future.