“Prepaid Guaranteed Room didn't get me a Room Here” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Travelodge at the Presidio San Francisco

Travelodge at the Presidio San Francisco
Ranked #61 of 227 Hotels in San Francisco
Amarillo TX
“Prepaid Guaranteed Room didn't get me a Room Here”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 November 2010

I prepaid for my room through a travel website because I knew that I would be arriving late (Midnight). I even included a note on my reservation indicating that it would be 11 PM at the earliest that I would arrive. To their credit, they called some of the nearby hotels and found me a hotel room that was decent however it was on a major thoroughfare and the traffic noise was horrible. This cost me a day of my 5 day vacation because of the bad first night.

Stayed September 2010, travelled solo
1 Thank ctex99
TLPresidio, General Manager at Travelodge at the Presidio San Francisco, responded to this review, 24 November 2010
I apologize for having to put you out at such an awful hour; it is our fault completely. I am sorry you had to be sent to a different hotel further down Lombard. We do our very best to find alternate accommodations in the rare event we are overbooked however few hotels compare to our location. Unfortunately in this type of situation the last guests are impacted and it seems you have had unpleasant experiences at other hotels in the past. We always pride ourselves on exceeding past and current expectations; we do make mistakes at times. Prepaid, credit card on file, confirmation number and all, some situations are unavoidable. On occasion a guest may not check out of their room at their scheduled date or I am unable to close our inventory on websites quickly enough. Please know we do everything we can to ensure each guest has a room at our property every single day. We understand a significant amount of time and research can go into travel plans. Having a wrench similar to this thrown in can create a lingering sour taste for traveling. It is our hopes, should you return to San Francisco, you give us an opportunity to make amends.

Travelodge Presidio

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
  • Korean first
Fortuna, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 November 2010

Recently my husband, teenage son and dog, (yes a dog friendly hotel in SanFrancisco! ) spent 4 nights at the Presidio Travelodge, not to be mistaken for the other 2 or 3 Travelodges on Lombard Street. This one is tucked away on the West end of the street literally steps away from the Presidio gate. The night desk person who checked us in was Nikki and she made absolutely sure we were comfortable with our room. She brought us an extra light and a doggie treat bag for our dog. She assured us the neighborhood was safe and over the course of the next 3 nights cheerfully greeted us when we arrived back at the hotel, tired from a day of exploring and sightseeing. She even came to our car (we had to park around the corner when the lot was full) to see if we needed help carrying anything or help with the dog. Ray, the day person, helped our son locate places to skateboard and gave us driving directions so some out of the way places. The motel is gracefully aging and the rooms are very small, there was free wi-fi, continental breakfast, extra coffee for the room, and free parking! The fridge and microwave were very helpful as we had taken some food from home to enjoy while on vacation. We will no-doubt return. Thanks again Nikki & Ray for all your help and friendliness!

• Stayed November 2010, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Rochester, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 November 2010

I stayed at the Travelodge Presidio in late October. After scouring the web for a place to stay, what drew me to this hotel was the mention of free parking. Having never been to San Francisco before, I didn't know parking was such a limited commodity.

The free parking turned out to be a huge benefit. It is admittedly a tight fit (I think I counted eight spaces), but I never had an issue finding a spot. I was there three nights and the farthest away I had to park was half a block away.

This was thanks in part to the great staff. The woman at the desk (sorry, I don't remember her name now!) was able to do a quick glance at a monitor to tell me there was a space around the corner. She was the same attendant when I checked in and she was very friendly and helpful, even asking for my preference of room. I ended up with a room with no direct neighbors and it was extra quiet.

I mentioned the cameras before. It's nice that an eye is kept on the extra parking, but it did not seem I had to worry about the area. The neighborhood itself is beautiful, with many tourist spots within walking distance. My last morning there, I was able to cross the street and wander through the Letterman complex on the Presidio and then stroll over to the Exploratorium. While other hotels just down the road were right on the busy Lombard St., this stretch is just off the main highway and it's surprising how quiet it was. I was there during the World Series and I was even able to walk half a block to a bar full of Giants fans and watch the game. That same helpful attendant told me the bar was recently used for a movie, something that myself as a movie nut appreciated.

I can't think of any real complaints. The room had the usual amount of wear and tear. The free web connection was a little flighty at times, but I also don't have a great laptop either.

I have already told a number of people that if they ever go to San Francisco, to stay at the Travelodge Presidio.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Wow! Thank you so much for the detailed review. Feedback similar to this is such a pleasure to read. Nicky remembers helping you during your stay and is pleased to see your review as is the rest of our staff. The Marina district is one of the safest locations in San Francisco and our security cameras add peace of mind. Did you see the Yoda statue at the Letterman Complex? That is George Lucas' main location for project development. It is the old Letterman Hospital from when the Presidio was an active military base. The Final Final is a great bar to watch sports and have a pint, plus, yes, they filmed a scene in Clint Eastwood's Hereafter movie. Thank you for recommending our hotel to folks here and in conversation. It was a pleasure having you here and we hope to see you during your next visit.

Nashville, Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 November 2010

The hotel location is great. Walking distance to great restaurants, night life, Palace of Fine Arts, and you can almost see the Golden Gate Bridge!

We stayed for 5 nights and it was great. They have remodeled some and had a comfy bed. Parking was tight but for ~ $90/night, you can not beat this hotel.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for writing a review for us and pointing out all of our main selling points...restaurants, night life, Exploratorium, and more are all so convenient to our hotel. We were happy to host you while you were in San Francisco. Looking forward to next time.

Cleveland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2010

Ours was a very brief stay - just one night. Drove into the easy parking, marveled at the wonderful location, and then set off on a comfortable and delightful walking tour of the area. I too, agree completely with all the good things said before me. I didn't know SF could be so easy - for price, for transportation, and for comfort and security. Oh yes, we were there on the night the Giants won the World Series. It was fun to stand on the balcony and watch the celebrations in the friendly neighborhood and when I was tired I went into my room, closed the door, and not a sound could be heard.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
I have wanted to do one of the walking tours for some time now. They are very informative tours all over the city and times/locations can be found at sfcityguides.org. Thank you for your review of our hotel. We are glad we helped make San Francisco so easy, especially during such an electric time of winning the World Series! We hope to host you the next time you fly in from OH.

Travelodge Presidio
Honolulu, HI
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 October 2010

We enjoyed our stay at Travelodge Presideo very much. Raymond, at the front desk, is "Mr. Travelodge" himself. He was cheerful, helpful, friendly and knew so much about the bus routes and things to do in the city. The room was comfortable (a little small, but this is San Francisco!) and we had a great night's sleep. Would definitely recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
TLPresidio, General Manager at Travelodge at the Presidio San Francisco, responded to this review, 5 November 2010
Five-Star Ray! We are so lucky to have him and the rest of our outstanding staff at this property. Nicky, Richard, Stephen, and Ray are all very familiar with bus routes, restaurants, activities, sights, and many other local points of interest. We are glad you had a great night's sleep...on our extremely comfortable beds. We appreciate your review of our hotel and hope to see you again.

-Tyler Shanahan
Dana Point
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 October 2010

Tyler and Raymond went out of their way from recommending restaurants to locating a taxi cab. I would highly recommend staying at the property.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Hello! Thank you for posting a review for everyone to see. Taxis sure can be tough to find on busy days but we are glad we could help. We love seeing our names on this site and can only hope to continue to provide the level of service our guests have grown familiar with. Thank you again.

-Tyler Shanahan