Hotel Union Square
Omni San Francisco Hotel(San Francisco)
US$436
US$190
US$155
MysticHotel.com
  • Restaurant
InterContinental Mark Hopkins San Francisco(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
US$267
US$247
InterContinental
  • Room Service
Hilton Parc 55 San Francisco(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
US$244
US$209
  • Bar/Lounge
Club Quarters Hotel in San Francisco(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
US$219
US$214
US$317
US$307
  • Room Service
San Francisco Marriott Marquis(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
US$279
US$272
  • Bar/Lounge
US$456
US$307
  • Restaurant
Courtyard by Marriott San Francisco Downtown(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
US$342
US$279
  • Pool
1,960 results
All reviewscable cargreat locationunion squareboutique hotelpowell stbart stationcomplimentary winewine receptionwine hourstreet sidestreet noiseheart of san franciscojunior suitelight sleeperrooms are smallmoscone centermarket street
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 22 February 2014

To be honest, the photos look better than the state of the room.

I stayed here for 2 nights on the sixth floor. The walls are thin and you can hear the noise from the lift of corridor at times. So suggest to get a room away from the lifts. The room is big and clean; bathroom is a little small but okay. The bed was not very comfortable but okay for me since it wasn't a long stay. Location of the hotel is very good, just within Union Square and closeby to Westfield and Macy's. There is a huge Walgreens just opposite from the hotel, very convenient to get any essentials.

There is a small Thai food joint just beside the hotel, food is pretty good, cheap and they open till late.

Good for short stays!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 20 February 2014

I usually stay slightly further up nearer Union Square when in SF, but that place is more expensive, so I wanted something a little cheaper but still nice for the two nights we had in SF. That's pretty much what we got! The room was small but I knew that before checking in. It was fine for us. It was clean as was the bathroom. The bathroom was almost as big as the room! You could hear everything around the hallways though from the elevator ping to doors closing, people talking, so that was a bit of a negative. There was virtually no view, but you get that with SF hotel rooms that don't look out onto the street...it doesn't bother us.

The location is great if you use the BART to get from SFO & back.

I would stay here again, even though I do prefer the other hotel I usually use (The Inn).

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 February 2014

I was in SanFrancisco for business so it was just me in my room. The room was very small, but fine for just me. I did spend some time working in my room so the desk area was nice. I did enjoy the wine reception a couple times, and they concierge was very helpful with both recommendations and arranging a car for me to the airport ($50, less than a cab!)
Great location close to Mascone Center and can walk to tons of places. It was snowing and frigid back home so it was nice to be in "warm" weather (high 50's!)

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 February 2014

After lots of review reading we settled on this hotel for a 3 day stay as part of my wife's 40th birthday tour of the west coast. It was a great choice.

As has been said by many, the rooms are small however the hotel perfectly positioned in SF. The rooms and hotel in general are decorated with a good eye. The staff are friendly and the free wine hour with nice guitarist are a superb idea.

Thanks to suggestions on here we asked for a room at the back which worked well despite to poor view onto the "courtyard" (also known as a small rectangular space on the inside of a square of rooms surrounding it). There was a load hum from this space which seemed to come from the vent of the kitchen restaurant next door. It stopped around 11 and started at around 7 so wasn't too disruptive to sleep other than on our first night when we were in bed very early due to the eight hour time difference in our body clocks.

All in all a good hotel if you don't mind the trade off between small and perfectly located.

Room Tip: Book a room at the back and get a MUNI pass to cover the cable/buses (well worth the money). Also use the BART to get from San Fran airport to the hotel (plus 1 block walk), buy a return for far less than the cab and likely much quicker too.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 February 2014 via mobile

Booked this hotel because of the positive reviews and surprise surprise they were correct

This hotel is in a great location for a weekend getaway. We caught a show, had dinner and watched the Chinese New Year parade and all in walking distance of the hotel.

The room was small, but again perfect for a couple's weekend trip to the City. The location was great. A couple of blocks from Union Square, shopping and the theaters. The hotel was clean, with friendly staff and a nice decor. We will definitely stay here again.

Tip: if you are driving use the Powell street public garage around the corner for cheaper rates.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple