“You get what you pay for..”
Review of Oasis Inn

Oasis Inn
Ranked #197 of 230 Hotels in San Francisco
Reviewed 30 September 2013

My Boyfriend and I stayed here for 3 nights mid august 2013. Our room was a fair size and was comfortable cant complain for what we paid for it. The reception staff was very helpful and polite. A little out the way from most tourist attractions but still there is a bus stop right near by San Francisco isn't the hardest city to get around so coing from the UK we worked it all out in no time.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Daisy C

Reviewed 16 August 2013 via mobile

I made my reservation for one night months in advance through Booking.com. Truthfully, on a month long cross country trip I tried to save money and so opted for one of the bargain basement hotels - a mere 129 dollars a night plus taxes - 150 or so. Upon arrival my reservation was difficult to find (I had a printed confirmation) and when it was I was treated to a long conversation on the phone in Japanese. The upshot was - I did not have a room but I could go next door to the Rodeway Inn and get a smoking room for the same price. That place ain't the Ritz either but at least we had no bedbugs or baby rats in the room.

• Stayed: August 2013
4  Thank Pushkasmd
Reviewed 14 August 2013

I booked one room for a four day stay months in advance over the phone. The person on the phone would not provide a confirmation number and assured me that the last name provided would be sufficient enough to check it. I even called back a few days later to confirm this and was told the same thing. When I arrived at the hotel to check in, low and behold they did NOT have my reservation. He then asked what price we were quoted- as if that was even relevant- and told me I could stay the first night at a higher rate but that the hotel was sold out for the remainder of our stay. Not only was the person working the desk unapologetic about THEIR error, he actually seemed amused by our predicament. He did not care that he completely screwed us over for a trip we had been planning for months. Did I mention we drove all the way from Alberta, Canada? DO NOT book here!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank Rochelle M
Reviewed 18 July 2013

Pros:
Room clean, water pressure great, free and secure parking, lots of pillows and towels, ice and vending machine, staff was very kind and helpful.

Cons:
They gave me the password but the Internet did not work on the 4th floor, needs more plug ins, it was hard to charge 3 phones, a camera, video camera, and work on the lap top bring a power strip.

My Thoughts:
Nice neighborhood felt safe even walking back to the hotel from the bus stop at 11pm with my mother and my 9 year old son, Free and secure parking, easy check in even at 11pm, elevator to all floors, bathroom in room, comfortable and clean beds lots of pillows, staff was great even left clean towels hanging on our door cause we left to do not disturb sign up all weekend, a little noisy with the window open by the street, lovely patio smelled wonderful tried all weekend to figure out what the smell was so we could bring it home all in all from what I have seen in S.F. this place is great for the price.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 May 2013 via mobile

No breakfast, small parking, no Heater... With that said, I went with two friends just to visit the city so we did not need much just a place to sleep. The hotel does not look clean from the outside but they do go in regularly and clean the room, replace towels etc.. I left my laptop out several times (by accident) and everything was still there when I came back. San Francisco can get really cold so the only downside was no heater but if you take an extra blanket and have a cuddle buddy you should be fine:) .. Could be a little bit cheaper but overall it was a good place to stay for our 8 day stay and in a great location.

• Stayed: July 2012
6  Thank Cgf11nelly
Reviewed 24 April 2013

i stayed 3 days there, i must admit i liked the inn a lot. room was clean, only 10 minutes to walk to market street, guys at the reception were very helpful and friendly. it is true that there are lots of homeless on the streets around, i never had a problem with any of them.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
4  Thank vienna1971
Reviewed 12 March 2013 via mobile

So many bad reviews . But took a chance on the place for a last minit room for a fun night out in sf and we needed a room to play in ! Man at the desk was nice . ( the area is just a little seedy) so he has to keep on his game . Fast check in . Old school feel to the whole place . Room had a smokey smell , so we left the window open for a bit . Was fine when we got back . Room was clean . Bath room was just fine . If the hotel was not in central sf with free parking , it would cost 59$ . So 99$ in SF was good room
For a great price ! That's called a good deal . Two blocks away .no parking and bad room is 169.00. :(

• Stayed: March 2013