FindHotel
Hurb
Traveluro
ZenHotels.com
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 14 April 2017

In our travels my wife and I have priorities: came to be inspired by the place, to learn about it and get reflection on life and civilization. Our day is activity and we always seek the place to stay that is at the heart of it, with the additional quality to be reasonable affordable, informative stuff and clean so that we could relax after a tiring day. This place has these qualities, it is ideally placed that most of places in San Francisco one can reach on foot (we prefer this mode of transport). Its additional quality is that you get acquainted with two faces of San Francisco, that of high towers and that on the wild side. Being confronted with the latter for some may be scary but these people are forgotten passengers of humanity and they are too much involved with survival to be dangers. Although advice, night is a different story, it brings out those that surviving has different meaning to them. Getting to the hotel from the airport the best is to take shuttle that will take to the front door and the stuff will organize departure.

Room tip: away from the main street
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 March 2017 via mobile

The Oasis, or at least the room I was in, finally got a refrigerator!!! And it has a mini freezer too. This was one thing that was always lacking from their rooms. The other thing is the old huge tvs with the old hookups and unfortunately those were still there. I must give props to the hotel for the improvement . Keep it up. The rooms are spacious and the outdoor area is a true oasis in the city. Great parking for free is an added bonus. Front desk could be a little more friendly . Overall a great stay and good value for the money.

Date of stay: March 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 March 2017

Pros: Clean, comfort, spacious room and bathroom. High speed wifi. Great and central location, friendly reception.

Cons: Smelly room (a lot of mould), loose door not closing well, loose windows not closing well.

• Trip type: Travelled solo
29  Thank GeorgeXgr
Reviewed 26 February 2017

It was cheap compared to all other hotels. There was a reason. The rooms are in need of a major renovation. I don't always inspect sheets and pillows. This time I did. Behind the pillow covers, I found the pillows with large stains. Also the sheets had stains. A lot more to list. But, one really got me was the homeless person I found sleeping when I opened my door in the morning.

Date of stay: February 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
3  Thank DonF2k19
Reviewed 30 November 2016

No aircon, no breakfast, no coffee maker and no clock in the room, so why come here?
Short answer, low cost and free parking. San Francisco is expensive, with hotels charging guests huge amounts to park, so as we were staying four nights, parking charges were a major consideration.
The rooms are set around three sides of an open courtyard. There's a mezzanine area with vending and ice machines, as well as a BBQ section. Yes, it is in a dodgy area, but a short walk takes you to Van Ness, a main road, well lit with hotels, shops and buses. As long as you are aware of your surroundings, you should be okay. The bed was comfortable and the water pressure was phenomenal! Walls are thin, so if you have noisy neighbours.......

Date of stay: November 2016