Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Platinum99
South Molton, United Kingdom

Perfectly fine

4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 12 Jun 2015via mobile
This hotel totally met my needs. Comfy, clean. Air con that worked. Good location. Friendly but unobtrusive staff. Adequate fitness room. I use hotels as dormitories so rarely eat in them and can't comment on breakfast or dinner. I would have no hesitation staying here again.
Date of stay: April 2015
1.2 miles from Executive Hotel Vintage Court San Francisco
Fitness centre
View more hotels in San Francisco
1,456 results
All reviews union square great location cable car wine reception bush st wine hour powell st bed was comfortable fisherman's wharf lobby odour cars garage
Selected filters
Reviewed 11 June 2015 via mobile

We stayed here at the start and end of our 2 week coach tour of the western coast if America. The location is ideal for seeing San Francisco, if a little noisy but you are in a city after all. The beds are huge and very comfy. The wifi was free and the coffee good. The hotel has a tradition of a happy hour between 5 and 6 where you can enjoy a free glass of wine or two in the reception/lobby area, which was very nice. The only thing that let this hotel down for us is both of the rooms we were allocated has incredibly tiny bathrooms, making it very difficult to manoeuvre around in.

Date of stay: June 2015
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank O5629QIjuliec
Reviewed 11 June 2015

My husband and I stayed here for two nights. The location is quite good, fairly close to Union Square and the Powell Cable Car line. Walking distance to the market at the pier and AT&T Park.

We had a King Room, it was a decent size, not huge but this is typical of San Francisco. Staff were friendly and helpful with directions.

Overall it's an older hotel, has had some updating but could use a bit more. They do offer a free wine reception every night from 5-6pm which was nice. There is a restaurant attached but we didn't visit it during our stay.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Caitlyn B
Reviewed 10 June 2015

i'v stayed in SF for Business, there was some kind of conference going on in the city, so hotel prices were quite high.
so i ended up staying in this hotel for the first time,

while by no means a 5 star hotel, the room was clean and decent size, (although the bathroom was quite small), i got a room facing the back, which was quiet.
service was very friendly and helpful.

and of course, the location is amazing, two blocks of union square, near the Powell st. Cable car.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank nissanc2013
gmvcsf, General Manager at Executive Hotel Vintage Court San Francisco, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2015

Dear Recent Guest: Thank you for your recent review and noting that the hotel location, services and staff helped support your stay while in San Francisco. Also, as you noted the city prices are increasing so if you are ever back in San Francisco check out our HOT rates on our website for direct bookings our best rate. Lastly although we can"t change the size of our rooms our hotel team continues to update rooms, all bathrooms were renovated done July 2015, to make them very comfortable for your next visit too.

Hope to host your stay again in the near future.

Best regards,

Bill Engelhardt – General Manager

Reviewed 3 June 2015 via mobile

When I check on .they tried to over charge me ,they said I stay three nights with three nights parking .I checked in on 5/25/2015 around 7pm and checked out on 5/28/2015 around 830am..I only stayed two nights with two night parking .I even paid for everything upfront. I paid for two night stayed and two nights parking.when we checked in they never inform me, that if I use the hotel phone to make any calls I would be charge..The lady that checked me out was really rude.I even inform her that she has cause me more stressed than I and I didn't need any more stressed due to my husband having open heart surgery, that one of the reason why I booked this hotel.i would never ever booked this hotel again.when the manager called and he could do was apologize and clear the charges for using the phone.i promise you that I would never stay here again .the room was small and the bathroom was very very small, I almost hit my heat on the corner of the shower twice.

Date of stay: May 2015
Trip type: Travelled on business
3  Thank tyou123

Dear T. You, First I hope your husbands surgery follow-up and recover continues to be successful, and our apologies upon check out for any frustrations.

I also apologize if our hotel guest services team was not clear in our stated charges for phone calls (local call costs vs. toll free numbers), parking fees and the minimal time required for the valet service to retrieve you car.

Lastly, in relation to our bath and room sizes, our hotel is a smaller boutique property, built in 1913, and with the bath size our rooms are unique with limited space, yet all the bathrooms at the hotel were recently updated this year and the accommodation provided is comfortable and clean, within the space available. As we spoke I was able to resolve your concerns on the charges and understand the escalation of your frustration on the check out date. Again, I wish you and your husband a safe recovery.

Best regards,

Bill Engelhardt - General Manager

Reviewed 1 June 2015

My husband and I stayed here on the first two days of our 10 day Northern California trip. Our room was on the second floor, a corner room overlooking the street. It was a small room with a very small shower only bathroom. I felt like I was staying in the guest room at my grandmothers - which is a good thing - with a pleasing decor and comfortable bed. There was a good bit of street noise including a screaming woman and man one night. Location is just two blocks from Union Square and the street car runs at the end of the block. Most of the guests we had contact with were foreign. We had a lovely dinner in their restaurant. We did not have a chance to enjoy the wine "happy hour" due to our schedule. The staff was gracious and accommodating.

My only disappointment was the "continental breakfast". A big bowl of melon cubes, Orange Juice, Coffee and a selection of store bought pastries along with bread and bagels. The waffle maker wasn't functioning properly and the batter was too thin. If this had been complimentary I would have not been so surprised but the hotel charged $11 plus tax per person. I would advise going across the street to the restaurant on the corner or two blocks down to Sears.

Also, it is two blocks straight up from Union Square. If you are mobility challenged you may need to seek transportation from the square back to the hotel.

Room tip: I would request a room off the street if you are a light sleeper
Date of stay: May 2015