Please keep in mind that I booked this hotel online with a site that was running a special, and paid $75/night, including tax.
The location was great - easy walking distance to central Union Square, Chinatown, BART/Muni, and even to the Ferry building if you're in the mood for a good stroll. The staff was professional and welcoming throughout the stay, including the very generous wine tasting (the attendant even came around with the bottles to offer refills! It's really more of a free wine happy hour!). Never waited more than a minute for the elevator and did not feel crowded, even though the hotel was at capacity.
Room: I could identify the musty smell other people had mentioned, but to be honest, it's just a damp smell that you can sense in every other old, non-highrise building in San Francisco. The windows or A/C can be used to help, and after a few minutes, I didn't notice it anymore. The room was a decent size for two people and luggage, with an enormous bed, sitting chair, desk, mini fridge, closet, and flatscreen tv. Bathroom was also a good size, and though very worn, was neat and clean. The room itself was a bit worn, but again, for the price, all I wanted was cleanliness and comfort, and the hotel exceeded my expectations. Did not hear a peep from adjacent rooms, except the occasional passage in the hallway.
The continental breakfast was just that - danishes, croissants, coffee and tea. We grabbed some tea on the way out in the mornings, and picked up yogurts and crackers at the deli across the street. No big deal. There are several small delis/bodegas within walking distance, and the fridge has enough room to store some food and beverage items of your own.
If you're used to chain/luxury hotels with amenities, I wouldn't recommend this one. But if you're a typical budget traveler and are looking for a comfortable, clean (even charming) place to sleep while exploring SF, this is a great place. If the price is right, I will definitely stay here again next time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- AMBIANCE- Elegant, European-style AAA three diamond hotel, reminiscent of an inviting Napa Valley Inn - Intimate setting providing a high level of personalized service by a friendly and knowledgeable staff- Wine-themed hotel with each of the guestrooms adorned with names and artwork from California wineries- Warm and welcoming "living room" style lobby with fireplace and comfortable seating areas LOCATION- Historic 1912 building located on the Nob Hill side of Union Square - Two blocks from Union Square, San Francisco's finest shopping district- Less than one block from the Powell Street cable car line to Fisherman's Wharf- Two blocks from the ornate gate entrance of Chinatown and three blocks to the Financial District- Neighboring a wide variety of bistros, cafes and restaurants GUEST ROOMS - 106 spacious nonsmoking guestrooms on eight floors decorated to enrich the hotel's connection with the wine country- Penthouse suite with wood burning fireplace, view of city lights, original 1912 stained glass ceiling, and Jacuzzi tub - Writing desks, inlaid with outlets, in each guestroom - Telephone with extra-long cord, voice mail and data-port - Wireless Internet ( Wi-Fi )available throughout the hotel complimentary. Fully stocked honor bar in each guestroom - Hairdryers, irons and ironing boards in each guestroom - LCD Hi-Definition television with full cable, Nintendo and pay-per-view movies GUEST SERVICES - Wine reception by the fireplace in the lobby from 5 p.M. To 6 p.M. Each evening- Valet parking with in and out privileges for $48 plus tax per day, self parking for $35 plus tax per day- Concierge services available, offering preferred reservations at restaurants- Fitness room, open daily 6AM - 10PM, San Francisco Chronicle and USA TODAY newspaper. MEETING FACILITY - Private Boardroom with original stained glass ceiling with skylight from 1912 - Conference seating for 12 people or reception for 25 people - Drop projection screen in room, audiovisual equipment available upon request- Windows providing natural light and expansive city views Dining Room offers a Neo American Bistro and Bar. A new experience with dining is coming this summer for Evening Dinners. Our dining room also offers a light breakfast service is available daily from 6:30am to 10am in our dining room for hotel guests only. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TravelUp, Priceline, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Executive Hotel Vintage Court reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Executive Hotel San Francisco
- Vintage Court San Francisco
- Hotel Vintage Court