W San Francisco
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Bar/Lounge
Palace Hotel(San Francisco)
  • Restaurant
San Francisco Marriott Marquis(San Francisco)
  • Bar/Lounge
Archstone South Market(San Francisco)
The Mosser(San Francisco)
View Hotel
Hotel Zelos San Francisco(San Francisco)
2,266 results
All reviewsbliss spabliss productstrace restaurantpac mancorner roommoscone centertrendy hotelbay bridgemuseum of modern artliving roomyerba buena gardenslobby barsouth of marketbathroom doorhigh floorbusiness tripunion square
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 September 2012

Unfriendly staff, not a W hotel...no lounge, no parties.
Welcome desk full of unprofessional staff...
Many problems with the Platinum amenities and benefits....
Mistakes at check-out, wrong charges on my credit card...

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed 30 August 2012

I stayed at the W in SF twice in 10 days on a wine related business trip up in Napa and Monterey and enjoyed both the rooms which were comfortable and quiet, and the service.

There was one manager I ran into both days in the bar/restaurant area with a unique name (Akop) who totally got what working in hospitality is all about. He explained the cocktail menu in detail the first day and the breakfast menu the last. Freshest, ripest fruit I've had at a hotel restaurant ever. I'll be staying here again soon!

Room Tip: Stay as high up as possible for the views and less traffic.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
Brad_Wulff, Guest Relations Manager at W San Francisco, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2012

Hello, and thank you for staying at W San Francisco! As far as business trips go, a wine related one sounds fantastic!

Akop is our Director of B&F, and is a great guy. I am so glad you were able to interact with him. We all hope to see you again soon.

Brad W

Reviewed 29 August 2012

The fiance and I trekked it up to the city recently to make a day of touring four weddings venues, and The W was our second stop. Sacha Chin, Director of Catering & Conference Services, was our tour guide for the day, and without going into too many details, let's just say that we knew, almost immediately, that The W would soon host our upcoming September wedding.

We were in the market for a venue that would host both our ceremony and reception, and the W is it. We were in the market for a modern, hip, unassuming- if that combo is even possible- venue, and the W is it. The actual location, easy to find & get to, and event space, spacious & pushes the envelope in their choice of carpet/color scheme/design/furniture, really speak for themselves. Really, not much needs to be done to the spaces we intend to utilize so it allows us to incorporate small & unique touches here and there.

Sacha... what can I say about Sacha? What can I not say about Sacha? First and foremost, upon sending an electronic RFP through the W's website, Sacha called me within 24 hours, instead of emailing the information I needed. Everyone else that I inquired with either didn't get back to me, or emailed me with the standard jargon for such inquiries. The effort she made in calling me really made an impression on me- it, however, doesn't end there.

Our first meeting with Sacha was very informative, and she offered herself to answer all of our questions. She also offers herself as a visionary as she often chimed in with the ideas and suggestions that allowed us to realistically envision our ceremony and reception. Sacha is experienced, is very good at what she does, always follows through on what she says, and we feel really fortunate to have crossed paths with her during such an emotionally-charged time in our lives.

The fiance and I have officially signed our contracts, and are looking forward to working closely with Sacha, and, I'm sure, her amazing team of experts as we translate our wedding vision into a tangible reality.

Update: Our wedding, which is almost a year ago!, was... magical. Sometimes it is still hard to believe how good and sweet it was, actually. I have every confidence that Sacha, and her talented team, worked really hard to execute an evening that my husband and I will never forget.

What can I say? The location is central to downtown SF. The nightlife is infamous for how fantastic it is. The rooms are tastefully appointed and spacious. And the food... just exquisite. If you're thinking about hosting an event or staying at the W San Francisco during your vacation? Stop thinking and book already! The W San Francisco will not disappoint.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 August 2012

I had a wonderfu lone night stay for my birthday in July- everything about the stay was fantastic! My room was ready for early check in, and when my boyfriend checked in a coupel hours after me there was absoutely no problem in his getting a key for the rooms as well. He had never stayed at a W before and loved the hip urban feel to it. The restaurant we went to for dinner was only about a block away (and there were a TON of other restaurants we want to try in the are). the best part was, when we got back to the room, the staff had sent up a "Happy birthday dessert." Great way to end the evening.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 August 2012

We visit San Francisco frequently and have tried several nice hotels. The "W" vibe is modern and cool – from the lobby lounge by the fireplace to the fresh and inviting guest rooms. The "welcome" staff always takes time to find us the best room available. The Acura concierge comes in handy, sometimes on a moments notice (this time he gave our party of four a ride to Perry's on the Embarcadero). But it all comes down to the gorgeous dramatic guest rooms!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends

Hello, and thank you for the kind review, we really appreciate it. We love you too! I agree, the Acura Service is an amazing amenity, and I am glad you were able to take advantage of it.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to San Francisco.

Brad W