“Loved my stay there!”

and 1 more site!
Edwardian San Francisco Hotel
Ranked #144 of 230 Hotels in San Francisco
Reviewed 26 February 2014

I stayed at the Edwardian hotel for a week, 2 summers ago, for a solo trip and I had a great time there! For a girl traveling alone, it was safe, well located (a few minutes walk from the main downtown shopping area) and clean. There was always a flow of friendly nice people walking in and out of the hotel all day long. You could just grab a coffee and chat with anyone and exchange traveling tips. It was a good quality/price option. I would definately recommend it for travelers looking for a great location, but don't want to pay a fortune in a 5 stars hotel.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Le_ptit_palmier

Reviewed 26 January 2014 via mobile

I must say Best Service Ever!!!! I will always come here as long as Sal's here. My wife and I will never forget this trip. We are lesbians and felt so welcome and comfortable please ask for sal when you visit for the best service. He was so helpful and wonderful. I call this place my new Hilton because of him. I am a very happy client and my stay was so wonderful I will come back again and again and this place will be the best place for me because of sal. He is such a hard worker and he is very efficient THANK YOU SAL KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK!!! He deserves a reward for all of his hard work!!!

• Stayed: January 2014
2  Thank Cpesina
Reviewed 29 December 2013

The room was comfortable enough (though quite noisy), however after waiting for 10 minutes for the water to get luke warm, there was 2 to 3 minutes of warmish water before it got cold again. In this day and age a hotel needs to have hot water!

We complained about the lack of hot water, and the front desk said that it was always a bit of a problem in the room we were in (so why is it being offered out?) - the person at the desk gave us attitude when we raised the issue. They did offer us a new room, however the shower had the exact same problem (10 minutes to warm up, after 2-3 minutes the warmish water had gone).

When we tried to cancel our booking that we had made for a few nights later, the front desk refused to let us cancel saying that there was no problem. This is totally unacceptable given that hot water is so essential to a hotel in the middle of winter.

I admit that the place is cheap, however I would expect hot water even at a camp site. I would avoid this place.

Room Tip: Ask for a room not facing the road.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Simon V
Reviewed 17 December 2013

I discovered the Edwardian Hotel doing an internet search and booked my 4 night/5 day stay through Orbitz.The price was reasonable considering the other insane prices of hotels in San Francisco. This hotel is very central to everything and it is a quaint, boutique hotel (and those are my favorite kind so that is right up my alley).

This is a small hotel with about 27 rooms. It has a very comfortable vibe to it and while located on a somewhat busy street, the noise was never a problem for me as some others have mentioned (and I consider myself a fairly light sleeper). There is an adorable elevator, called “Stella” and it just adds to this hotel’s charm. Each floor is painted a different color and my room was small but the perfect size for one person and my bathroom was pretty sizeable, considering. My room was always very clean and had the coolest lamp ever. The bed’s headboard also had lights that were embedded within from the top and actually atop of the headboard as well which gave the lighting a groovy feel (especially if you like to switch up your lighting when reading, like me). My room was on the third floor.

Before I go further, I have to sing my praises for Sal, quite possibly the best concierge ever. From the moment I arrived, he was friendly, professional, quick to assist me and very welcoming. I felt like I found a friend in the hotel! He was always smiling and quick to help guests and immediately offered to help me make reservations at Absinthe, a restaurant not far away (I never actually made it though because I got busy with other things). Give this guy a raise. Seriously. To the Edwardian Management: you have a true gem with Sal and he really adds to the charm of your hotel. Marissa was also friendly at the front desk and Wendy always made sure my room was super clean and I always had the fluffiest towels (which I kept touching because I am a tactile person, and well, I like to touch soft things).

The only hiccup during my stay was that one morning there was no water in the shower (though the sink was fine)! The water sputtered out a bit and then seemingly died. I called down to the front desk and was told there was a low water pressure issue on my third floor and it was quickly resolved, probably within an hour or so. Contrary to a lot of reviews on here stating that there was no hot water or that the hot water took forever to warm up, I never once had this problem. My water was hot as heck which is just how I like it.

I would absolutely stay here again because this hotel is totally my style: small, cool interior designs, central to everything (bus/Bart right across the street), kind to my wallet (compared to the other astronomical prices of hotels in SF) and it has an amazing staff.

Stay here. You’ll like it.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 13 December 2013

Our stay here was great. The staff are so helpful. Lots of restaurant within 5 min walk.
Recommend Stacks if you want huge breakfast.
Bart and trolley just outside or across the road. We walked to civic centre and only took about 10-15 min. Recommend a muni pass for however many days yo want.

• Stayed: December 2013
Reviewed 30 November 2013

I had the opportunity to stay at this "boutique" hotel which i found thru random search for hotels in San Francisco. Without knowing anything i booked it. When i got there, the hotel seemed to be in the quieter section of the busy downtown area. But once you enter it, you start feeling if it is really going to turn out as a hidden jewel or totally crappy place. Well, when the attendant gave me a real metal key, not an electronic key and showed me early 1900s elevator, i thought it may be interesting until i entered the room. The room was really really small. I've never stayed in such a small room. The room and the bed was well made, the bathroom was well done, very modern. but there was hardly any room to put down my stuff. It was about 9'x11' space with a 6'x5' queen size bed. One small window which opened to a busy city street. First night could hardly sleep because of street noise all night long. And hardly any amenities in the room or in the hotel. It was just a space to sleep at night if you could sleep with the street noise.

For over $200 per night (including taxes), that space was a joke. However, i'll have to admit, there was no other decent hotel available anywhere in the neighborhood.

The only saving grace is their extremely helpful staff who makeup for some of the deficiencies. Especially the night attendant Dawn was extremely helpful. I have not met more helpful person in any hotel before.

This is not a place for business travelers, ok for single guys who come to see the city. It's not a crappy place but designed for certain type of travelers in mind. I wasn't one of them, i like more traditional rooms with a bit of more service, at least a tooth paste if i forget one.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Manoj T
Reviewed 22 November 2013

I love how old and quaint this hotel is! The transportation right out side the door is a major plus because I'll never drive there again! Train for me from now on! The staff was so helpful and friendly,starting with talking me through where to park over the phone! I had a major panic attack over parking and the young lady at the desk saved the day! The staff had lots of good suggestions on where to eat and how to get around. I would defiantly recommend this old world charmer but if you value your sanity, take the train and leave your car at home! Oh, and thanks for the use of the fan! Love my white noise!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple