Hotel Vertigo
MysticHotel.com
US$576
US$222
  • Pool
Omni San Francisco Hotel(San Francisco)
US$298
US$215
  • Room Service
Club Quarters Hotel in San Francisco(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
US$219
US$214
  • Restaurant
Courtyard by Marriott San Francisco Downtown(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
US$273
US$251
  • Restaurant
San Francisco Marriott Marquis(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
US$322
US$280
  • Bar/Lounge
Hotel Zoe Fisherman's Wharf(San Francisco)
US$261
US$209
US$310
US$266
Westin.com
  • Room Service
InterContinental Mark Hopkins San Francisco(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
US$296
US$247
InterContinental
US$454
Hotelpower.com
1,478 results
All reviewshitchcock filmunion squaresutter streettenderloinceiling fanfew blocksboutique hotelwalk in closetfront desk staffan older buildingdecent sizenob hilltea and coffeeour honeymoonstayed here for nightsvalet parkingpublic transport
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 20 February 2008

We had a great stay at The York. Very spacious accomodations and helpful staff. The bed was more comfortable than my own. It has a real charm about it and a movie history! I hear it is to undergo some exciting renovations including a new restaurant. Can't wait to see it on my next visit. The neighborhood is also undergoing an exciting transformation from a quiet one to a young hip artsy one- thanks to the Academy of Art. The best part is the short walk to Union Square restaurants and bars and the affordability! A real gem.

• Stayed: February 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 January 2008

A very decent facility in a "sketchy" Downtown location.
Attractive rates.
We arrived very late, only to find that their parking garage was
closed for the night. On-street parking is nonexistent !! Finally
(at 1:30A.M.) the night clerk found a garage that would accommodate. Plan ahead.

Stayed: December 2007
1  Thank Iowegian9
Reviewed 2 January 2008

The location of this hotel is great, within easy walking distance from Union Square. Upon arrival, the front desk staff was very friendly and helpful. The Lobby is quaint and cute, just like I had seen online. Having said that, our room was less than desirable. The bed was probably the worst I have ever slept on at a hotel in my life. In addition to that, the walls are paper thin. We were at the very end of the hall, so I had hoped that it wouldn't be too noisy, but we could very clearly hear the loud running, stomping, and yelling ALL NIGHT! I guess I shouldn't have expected much, given that the room was only $125. Don't bother booking a room here if you want any type of luxury. We will not be returning.

• Stayed: December 2007, travelled as a couple
1  Thank achull
Reviewed 31 December 2007

This hotel is defo worth a stay. It has a retro, art deco feel about the lobby and is in a great location. A 10 min walk to Union Sq and lots of other attractions are easily accessible.

The free breakfast is very basic - coffee, tea, muffins and toast but to be fair, is better than nothing!

The rooms are a little dated but are clean and have all you need. It is defo a budget hotel but I was please with it. The bathroom was small and need a facelift but if I was travelling on a budget again I would defo go back.

• Stayed: September 2007, travelled as a couple
2  Thank carajano
Reviewed 21 December 2007

Although this hotel could use a new coat of paint (which it appears they plan on doing in the new year), our room was clean, quiet, comfortable and inexpensive. I think the age of the hotel added to its charm and set it apart from most of the hotels I generally stay in - giving it character. It was definitely unique and the staff was very nice. They even upgraded our room upon our arrival. I definitely recommend this place if you want a location that is relatively close to downtown/union square without paying for the price of a downtown/union square hotel.

• Stayed: December 2007, travelled as a couple