“A great find in SOMA”

Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: SoMa
Cross street: 8th Street
Transit: Civic Center Station hub at 8th & Market Street with underground station for B.A.R.T. and for SF MUNI. Easy Taxi service along Folsom Street, especially on weekends. Located on the Muni Bus #12 Folsom Street line and 1/2 block from the Muni Bus #19 Polk Street Line.
Reviewed 6 June 2014

Wednesday evening we went out to dinner with some friends. Instead of our usual haunts, we decided to check out a restaurant in the South of Market (SOMA) area of San Francisco. Our friends made the reservation at Triptych on Folsom.

The reservations were for 6:30, a bit early by San Francisco standards, and when we arrived the restaurant was empty. If it was not for the large table setting for 20 people, I would have been a bit worried about the choice of restaurants. Even without the table setting, the food would have eased anyone’s mind.

This place is great! The sweet potato fries, which are served with a sweet chili aioli were hot, and delicious. If I were to nitpick about anything is would be that they were not as crispy as this little doggy would have preferred.

As an entrée I ordered the shitake ravioli with artichoke hearts in a warm brown butter lemon sauce. This was the highlight of the evening. The pasta was done to perfection, the artichokes hearts were pan seared until crisp on the outside while maintaining their moist delicate flavors. Other entrée’s ordered at the table must have been just as good because no one would share Shame on you! They consisted of Butternut Squash Ravioli, and the Pork Osso Buco. On a side note, the salads are large enough for two people and at a price range of under $10.00 they are well worth ordering. If you love beets you’ll want to order the beet salad.

Triptych was a great find. I will definitely be back. The owner and waiter got to know each of us at the table by name by the end of the night. They treat their customers like family and that above the delicious food will keep my coming back.

From my dog bowl to yours…Happy Eating.
shatasdogbowl.wordpress.com

There are newer reviews for Triptych

Reviewed 23 February 2014 via mobile

This was our first time going to a place that's not so touristy. It's more of a locals' eatery and the menu is a variety of items. It's not your typical brunch cafe. We found it bc one of my relatives lives here in San Francisco and he knows which places are good to go to. The staff smile and are friendly.
The food is superb and they have items on the menu that I hadn't seen before . The food is reasonably priced and the decor is unique as well. I highly recommend Triptych.

Reviewed 15 January 2014

We had brunch here on a Sunday morning. The beignets are amazing! We had too many, we couldn't help it. They had a very large menu for brunch. Lots of choices, all very good, fun wait staff too. They have a garden patio in the back. I would definitely go back.

Reviewed 4 November 2013

Noisy atmosphere, loud background music made it impossible to hear the conversation at our table. The service was sooooooo sloooooow. The food just OK. Not worth a second visit.

Reviewed 8 August 2013

Went for a light brunch. It was very pleasant, not too noisy, good service. I would have liked to have known that there is a patio out back with tables. The eggs benedict was fantastic.

We had a scoutmob discount, which was nice. Looking forward to sitting outside and having a burger next time, which are supposed to be fantastic.

Also, there was some fantastic art on the walls.