“Cheap and convenient stay”
Review of SF Plaza Hotel

SF Plaza Hotel
Ranked #198 of 230 Hotels in San Francisco
Reviewed 13 October 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for three nights on vacation visiting San Francisco; it's one of the cheapest hotel I found and the position is great! My room was pn the Chinatown Gate. The personal is not so kind and there's no breakfast included, but the room is nice and clean.

Stayed: October 2013

Reviewed 11 October 2013

The location of this hotel makes up for the slightly shabby rooms. Just a short walk from Market St, & on the corner of Chinatown. Friendly desk staff. A light continental breakfast was included in the price. Carparking was about a block away & USD26/day with multiple entry/exit. Free WiFi in the lounge & lobby but not in room.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 October 2013

We were looking for somewhere cheap to stay for 2 nights, that wasn't in a dodgy area. This hotel was perfect for that. For $150 for both nights it was far cheaper than anywhere else I could find. Location was great - 5 min walk to Union Square. We trundled our luggage from BART station, less than 10 min walk.

It was dated and basic but clean and the tv/shower etc worked fine. I can't comment on breakfast as we were up and out by 6am (jet lag!) so no sign of any food offered. I avoided using the lift apart from when we had our cases, it did sound a bit clunky but didn't plunge us to our deaths as some previous reviews had implied. Wifi worked well on first couple of floors.

I'd stay there again if I ever go back to San Francisco.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 September 2013

I stayed a week at the Astoria during late September and had not one complaint. I stayed on the 6th floor and had a room with a view. The room was basic and clean and included a light breakfast. GREAT location right next to the Chinatown gate. What a value, will stay again.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 September 2013

I found this little gem on line. What a great location. We left Little Italy, walked back through China Town and got to our hotel minutes. GPS said .6 mile from where we ate. Easy walk. What a value. Older hotel but very charming. Only a couple blocks from trolley too. If you can walk, you will like it. Basic but very do able. Much like hotels in UK

• Stayed: September 2013
3  Thank Dianemerrill4567
Reviewed 23 September 2013

Room with two twins under $70 on a busy weekend, this place isn't advertising as fancy, it just does the trick. The tv in the room is probably worth thousands, it is an antique!drinking water cooler in the lobby,save your water bottle to refill!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 September 2013 via mobile

I have read many negative reviews here,but I don't know why.I've been little bit nervous before check-in, but then I was suprised.The room looked old but was cleaned,even bathroom.The room didn't smell good,but ok...Bed wasn't comfortable, but we could sleep.You can hear a noise late night from the street,but I guess,It's a problem all older hotel in SF. I would definitle stay here again,because I couldn't find a better price in downtown SF,where you can have your own bathroom.

• Stayed: September 2013