We combined our family's summer vacation with college visits in California and started the adventure on August 12th in San Francisco. Four of us stayed in a suite at Hotel Monaco for one night, including my husband and our two teenagers.
- Helpful, courteous staff
- Comfortable beds and thick walls/curtains made for a comfortable sleep, helped also by air conditioning
- Layout of the room (Size isn't too bad considering you are in the city)
- Chilled citrus water in the front lobby
- Overall decor (Lobbies, "living room," room decor and small touches like fun robes)
- Morning coffee and juice bar (We missed the wine reception, which sounds lovely.)
- As others have mentioned, the neighborhood has seen better days. Our teenagers, who often rush out to explore without us when we travel, decided to stick around the hotel.
- The "breakfast" line reminded me of lining up for rations at summer camp.
- This is a nit, but the grout/caulking in the bathroom tub needed a pick-me-up
Bottom line: A good night's sleep at a high price. The hotel is just fine for families, but waterfront options may better even better for travelers with children and teens.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Housed in a turn-of-the-century building in the heart of downtown San Francisco, The Marker, a Joie de Vivre Hotel, is located just steps away from the historic beauty of Union Square. Distinct among San Francisco's lifestyle hotels, the signature warmth permeates the property from the service to the design of the interiors. Surrounded by the city's top theaters, restaurants, museums and shops, the urban boutique hotel features 208 newly renovated, vibrant and stylish guestrooms. The Marker celebrates the vibrancy of the city and the dynamism of its guests through innovative programming and thoughtful service. Guests can enjoy thoughtful special amenities including unlimited PressReader access for the digital newsstand, bicycle rentals to explore the city, in-room spa services and more. The lobby living room's plush, over-sized couches and curated local activations beckon guests to stay a while and soak in the comfortable, social atmosphere while unique programs, steeped in local authenticity, connect guests to the best of the destination. In addition, guests can enjoy the hotel's new dining concept, Tratto, a spirited bar-driven restaurant serving rustic Italian fare with modern sensibilities and casual, communal-style dining. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TravelUp, Odigeo, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Marker San Francisco, A Joie de Vivre Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kimpton San Francisco
- Hotel Monaco San Francisco