I heard about this place from a podcast that recommended staying here if you are visiting San Francisco and the Presidio in particular. I was very glad I took them up on the suggestion. I reserved directly from their website and about a week before my stay I had to change from 1 queen bed to 2 beds. I called and it was no problem. We were placed in the back so it was quiet for us. Beautiful property with lots of amazing flowers! We didn't have a car but if we did there was small garages available. We arrived before check in and flew out hours after check out and we were able to place our bags in one of the garages and they locked it so we could continue to enjoy our trip. Front desk staff was friendly and helpful. It is in a great location and we walked all over. Be sure to check out Chestnut Street which is 1 block away, it has great restaurants and shops. I would for sure stay here again and would be sure to ask for a rear room. (We were in Room 22 and it was great! Has kitchen!)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Historic Hotel in San Francisco, California Founded by the son of a Calfornia Gold Rush miner, the Marina Motel was built to celebrate the opening of the Golden Gate Bridge in the late 1930's. Designed as one of San Francisco’s first “motor-hotels” for the dawning of the automobile age, each room in this quaint Mediterranean-style motel has a private garage beneath the rooms, (courtyard garages are subject to size restrictions so guest are directed by the front desk to choose a garage that best fits their vehicle). Our 36 guestrooms and three suites are uniquely decorated with warm, stylish touches to make you feel at home. Our quaint courtyard, surrounded by colorful cascading flowers and a cobblestone driveway, offers a relaxing place to chat with friends. Flower boxes overflowing with fragrant blossoms adorn the windows adding European cottage charm. San Francisco’s top attractions are located within walking distance or a short bus ride from the Marina Motel The Marina Motel is still family-owned and operated today by the original owner’s granddaughter. For the past 70 years the Marina Motel has provided a beautiful and friendly place to stay while visiting San Francisco. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers and HotelsClick so you can book your Marina Motel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marina Motel San Francisco
- Marina Hotel San Francisco