“Just average for me”

Neighbourhood: Mission District
NYC
“Just average for me”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2014

I have to say that I wasn't that impressed by Bi-Rite. My wait was not long at all, maybe 10 mins. I was with a few people so we all got different flavors and I tried most of what was offered that day. After living in Portland for a few months, and being spoiled by Salt & Straw Ice Cream, Bi-Rite didn't really do it for me. Yes, the ice cream had flavor, was creamy, and you can tell was made with good ingredients it just wasn't mindblowing.

Out of all the places I tried while visiting San Fran, I have to say that Humphry Slocombe takes the gold by FAR!

Visited March 2014
1 Thank Va9nessa

• Korean first
Hebron, Kentucky
“Yummy cream!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014

A little expensive but good. Stood in line for a while but the line moves quickly. If it's rainy or cold you might want to try a different day. While we waited we had a great view of the fog rolling in....but careful ....the temperature dropped about 20 degrees as it arrived!

Visited July 2014
1 Thank marylynnduncan
“20 minutes line, but the best ice cream ever!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014

Try the roasted caramel !! its a long line but you cant go to san Francisco without tasting this ice cream!!

pinole
“BEST HOMEMADE ICE CREAM IN LIFE!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

My family was visiting from New Mexico the week before last. The kids said after dinner they wanted ice cream. I said I am going to take you for the best homemade ice cream you have ever had. We packed up the car and headed to San Francisco, 45 minutes from where we live.

I kept telling the kids the line will be around the corner and we will have to wait 30 minutes to get our ice cream but it will be well worth it. They said do you drive 45 minutes for ice cream often and we said, ONLY for the Salted Carmel ICE CREAM at Bi-Rite have we ever done this.

We got there, the line was very long, around the corner and up Delores street it went. I dropped everyone off and drove around for 15 minutes til I found parking. The line was moving pretty quickly. It was a Sunday nite around 9pm and it was packed. They weather was perfect, especially for eating ice cream.

We were a party of 6 of which 2 of us have eaten consistently at Bi-Rite and the other four are newbies. We asked the others to just try the salted caramel ice cream and then they could choose whatever they wanted. Everyone tried the Salted Caramel and everyone ORDERED the Salted Caramel ice cream to eat. We even bought an extra quart to bring home. They have freezer bags they pack the ice cream in and it lasts all the way home, that's a 45 minute ride!!!

I highly recommend this creamery to anyone visiting the city or who lives there and for whatever reason hasn't tried it yet. All the ice creams are hand made and amazing, however my heart goes to the Salted Caramel, UNBELIEVABLY YUMMY!!!!!

1 Thank jaime t
California
“The most amazing ice cream!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

Visited Bi-Rite for the first time, and I can't believe it took me so long to get there! They have a wonderful selection of ice cream flavors and baked treats. I ordered a custom sundae - one scoop salted caramel ice cream, one scoop of roasted banana (could eat this every day for the rest of my life), hot fudge, whipped cream and their house-made almond toffee. It was beyond decadent. Also sampled their balsamic strawberry soft serve and their chocolate soft serve - amazing! Visit their website to see all of the incredible options available. They do things the right way, using the freshest ingredients and making everything from scratch.

It is a MUST VISIT destination in the Mission. Don't worry about the really long, strangely segmented, wrap around the corner line - it moves fast, and it is totally worth it. Bonus - Mission Dolores park is across the street and is the perfect place to eat the most perfect ice cream.

2 Thank CantFindMyBlueBird