“Wonderful breakfast at the Farmer's Market”
Review of Mijita

Mijita
Ranked #1,693 of 5,801 Restaurants in San Francisco
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch
Reviewed 20 April 2014

My daughter and I went to the Farmer's Market at the Ferry Building and wanted to get some breakfast before going around to all the stands. We looked at several places but she was hungry for a good breakfast burrito. Mijita's was on the back side of the Ferry Building (waterside) and open for breakfast with a full menu. I ordered a lunch salad (the little gem salad) and she ordered the breakfast burrito. They both were very, very good and the service fast and excellent. I would go back for their tacos and other dishes. The tortes looked great and very authentic Mexican.

Reviewed 28 February 2014

It seems that they have decided to care even less about service, and now that has affected the food. The service is still surly, but now the quality of the food is suffering. We went their about 40 minutes before closing, and the pates were sloppy and the food cold in the center. Even during open hours they were cleaning up and closing up early. We have loved this place for years. If they don;t get back to where they were, we will go elsewhere.

Reviewed 25 February 2014

Pretty tasty mexican faire in an very fun location..perhaps a little pricey..you are paying for the view

Reviewed 24 January 2014

We ate here for lunch on January 11, 2014. My husband and I each had a little entree, split chips & salsa, and each had a Corona. Lunch totalled around $40 (seemingly standard price in San Francisco). The staff was very helpful, the food was authentic and delicious and even though it was a very relaxed atmosphere (help yourselve to the water), we had a really great time.

The ONLY complaint that I have is that the metal chairs in the restaurant are VERY loud. If visiting the Ferry Building, you will notice that it's very crowded, but worth it because the food is great!

Reviewed 25 December 2013

As a Texan, I'm used to good Mexican and Tex-Mex food, but not as familiar with Californian-Mexican cuisine, so maybe that was the problem, but I was not very impressed with this place. The food was okay but over-priced, probably due to the touristy location. We only ate there because we were killing time and needed to stay in the area.

The restaurant is brightly decorated, but the long tables make for awkward seating and require climbing over strangers, and the seats are hard. The food itself is "meh" -- edible, but not memorable, and way too heavy on the cilantro. It's in everything, so if you're one of us who has that genetic thing where cilantro tastes like soap and death, you should probably skip the place altogether.

An earlier commenter complained about the size of the tacos, but they were standard street taco size, not the jumbo burritos a Taco Bell customer might encounter. Portion sizes really weren't a problem, so much as (lack of) flavor. They also don't serve rice of any sort, just borracho style beans. I had a vegetable taco that was mostly beans and onions with a little guacamole, and another taco that I can't even remember.

Service was also less than stellar. Everyone seemed bored and annoyed by all the tourists they had to deal with in the tourist location where they chose to work. I felt rushed to place an order and like it was a burden when I asked what was in the vegetable taco (the menu doesn't say, and that can vary a lot. It's not like I asked what "beans" are or something).

There is outdoor seating overlooking the Bay. We were there after dark, but I believe Alcatraz is visible from the deck, so that might be fun.

Overall it wasn't the worst experience, but I doubt I'd ever go back. There are way better places to drop $30 on a "cheap" dinner in SF.