“Best two days in the Bay Area”

Silver Lion Service - Private Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: FLEXIBLE, FREESTYLE, FUN - Truly Customized Private Tours of the beautiful San Francisco area, California and beyond. Ideal for individual travelers and small groups for up to 6 guests. Let us create your personalized stress-free tour or select from a list of prepared yet dynamic tours. You name it and we can probably arrange it for you. Some popular tours are: "Wine Tasting", "Extended San Francisco", "Monterey and Carmel", Gold Country" "Yosemite", Muir Woods Redwoods". Excellent service, affordable rates. Fully licensed and insured. We strive to exceed your expectation and help making your San Francisco visit unforgettable.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best two days in the Bay Area”
Reviewed 10 May 2012 via mobile

Wow says it all. Holger made our two days in The bay area just perfect. It was everything we wanted and more. He knows San Francisco extremely well and took us to places in the wine country that we could never find on our own. I travel with my 80+ father and Holger took great care of him the entire time. We are already planning our next trip to San Francisco and we will definitely call on Holger again.

1 Thank Maggie S

Nashville, Tennessee
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“Great personalized tour of Marin”
Reviewed 9 April 2012

Based on other reviews found here at TripAdvisor, we contacted Holger about scheduling a tour of sites in Marin County. My family and I gave him a few places that we definitely wanted to visit, and he did a great job of adding some extra spots that he suspected we'd enjoy. He was right! Like other reviewers have noted, Holger made sure to cater to both adult and child interests and tastebuds (candy for the kids and champagne for adults). He is good at balancing between leaving you alone to explore an area (e.g., we hiked the trails at Muir Woods by ourselves) and being with you to explain what you're seeing. As a shutterbug, I appreciated his ability to time our arrivals at certain venues when the light was optimal. If you're in SF without a car and want some local knowledge to explore parts of the city (or Bay Area) that aren't readily accessible by foot or cable car, I would definitely recommend Silver Lion tours.

Visited March 2012
1 Thank TN_Traveller_12
Oneida, Wisconsin
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Great time, great flexibility - made our very short vacation a success!”
Reviewed 21 March 2012

We went on a whirlwind vacation to San Francisco March of 2012 with our two teenage daughters. We wanted to get a good feel of the city, but also had some specific requests from our kids. Holger far exceeded our expectations!
We were unlucky enough to be stuck with a dismal, rainy day. Holger called me in the morning to ask if I would prefer a refund, change of date or to continue with our ‘rainy day’ tour. Because of our two day schedule, we opted to continue our tour.

Holger gave us a great overview of the city, took us on a trolley tour (everyone needs to ride the trolleys in San Francisco!), shopping in Chinatown (cheap souvenirs for her friends as per daughter one’s request), found us a great place to get picnic lunch supplies and around the major San Francisco neighborhoods. All the while charming my wife and daughters with historical facts, interesting local stories and chocolate!

In the afternoon, he took us to Muir Woods to see the redwoods (daughter two’s request) and to a couple of wineries (my wife’s request.) He perfectly balanced the wishes of the adults with the easily-bored needs of the teenagers. The vehicle was immaculately clean, very comfortable and was a great touring platform.

Though we only had two days, Holger made us feel that we didn’t miss anything. He was the highlight of our vacation and I highly recommend utilizing his extensive knowledge whether your vacation is short or long.

Visited March 2012
5 Thank Jeffrey H
Huntsville, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best way to day trip to the Wine Country”
Reviewed 19 February 2012

Can't say enough about Holger and the day my wife and I had. He picked us up at our hotel at 9:00 a.m. And dropped us off at 5:00 p.m. and all the in between was a ball. Holger is very knowledgable and entertaining. He knew the off-the-beaten-path places and facts to go along with them. We will use his service whenever we return.

Visited February 2012
1 Thank OrthoCruiser47
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Best Tour You could Get!!!!!!!!!”
Reviewed 19 February 2012

I never could of found a better tour! I feel like I saw and learned everything about and in San Francisco.Do this tour, You won't regret it.

2 Thank Mrf323