“Tasty amd friendly chinese”

Bund Shanghai Restaurant
Ranked #641 of 5,867 Restaurants in San Francisco
Price range: US$7 - US$45
Cuisines: Asian, Chinese, Taiwanese
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Chinatown
Description: Recommended by Michelin Restaurant Guide, San Francisco Examiner, and SF Weekly. Serve exquisite dumpling and noodle dishes. Great meat and seafood choices. Many vegetarian dishes as well. Open 7 days a week from 11:30 to 9:30.
Reviewed 27 November 2013 via mobile

Wandering about CTown, and happy we stopped. Duck, dumplings and chestnut chicken was extremely tasty, service was great and friendly. Clean and inviting place to enjoy a meal.

Reviewed 16 November 2013 via mobile

We chose Bund Shanghai to get a taste of shanghai style cuisine. The crispy duck was very good. Chicken and corn soup was a bit bland. The service was friendly and helpful.

Reviewed 4 November 2013

We stopped here for lunch during a recent trip to San Francisco. This is probably the best Chinese food I've eaten in the U.S. The Xiaolongbao were excellent and the prices were very reasonable. Highly recommend!

Reviewed 7 October 2013

I tried other restaurants in San Francisco China Town but this one was better than the others. It does not look like it from the outside but it is worth a try.

We were seated promptly and the place was not too crowded. I ordered the Hot and Sour soup and when I got it I thought it was an error because I ordered the small portion and I got a really big bowl. My friend ordered the pork soup dumplings and so we shared to have a taste of both. The Hot and Sour soup was very good and the dumplings were good too, but not really outstanding. After that I had the Kung Pao Chicken which I really enjoyed. It was really hot and I was not able to eat all the hot pepper that they put in it because there were a lot of those. But the taste was so good, I really recommend that choice. My friend had the General Tao chicken and he enjoyed it too and he was glad he got some rice with it because his dish was hot too. We did not order dessert but we got a couple of fortune cookies and some tea anyway, which was ok.

The service was very good even if some of the employee had a little trouble in English. Everyone was very attentive to our needs and they all seemed to like their job.

And the best thing about this place, it is not too expensive so you can get a great meal and you don't feel like if you were ripped off in a tourist trap.

I really enjoyed this place and I would recommend it to all my friends. You have to look for it on Jackson St., but it is a much better choice than other place that are located on Kearny St.

3  Thank Marco
Reviewed 28 September 2013

We tried this restaurant based a on other reviews. The food was good and cheap. The service was not very good. We had to ask for a glass of water several times. We also had to ask for fortune cookies at the end of our meal. All of our food arrived at the same time:spring rolls, hot and sour soup, and entrees. We ordered a small soup, and it was enormous. We each had two servings and enough left for lunch the next day. The Mongolian beef was very spicy. The chicken and snow pea dish was good, but not outstanding. Most of the diners seemed to be regulars and were warmly greeted by the staff. We would try a different Chinese restaurant next time.