“Great food; cheap lunch specials”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Bursa

Bursa
Ranked #614 of 5,643 Restaurants in San Francisco
Price range: US$8 - US$25
Good for: Child-friendly
Description: The name Bursa comes from the beautiful city that lies in northwestern Turkey. Bursa is well known with its rich history, culture, attractions and beauties. In our restaurant, we believe in good quality just as much as we believe in beauty. Our wide range of flavorful mediterranean dishes are being cooked everyday with fresh produce, and our wine list includes excellent selections that match what pleases you . We are proud of who we are today and are obligated to serve you with warm hospitality at its best.
Honolulu, Hawaii
“Great food; cheap lunch specials”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014

A friend recommended this place – he’s been going there for years. We had lunch (cheap at $8 per person) and thoroughly enjoyed our food. I love Turkish and Mediterranean food so I was excited. Bursa did not let me down. I had chicken shish along with lentil soup. My friend had the wrap. All were really good. Bursa was a great find for me since the food is very much Turkish inspired and I absolutely love Turkish food.

• Visited May 2014

North Palm Beach, Florida
“Cozy place for Turkish fast food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014 via mobile

The dining room is cozy and dark blue. Helpful waitstaff. Large portion appetizers and entrees. Tasty food but limited menu. Wish they had a mezze platter to try various dishes.

Sydney, Australia
“Delicious food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014

We went on a Wednesday night and the place was packed! We were lucky enough to get a table without a reservation. The food was delicious, staff friendly and efficient, good wine list. We would definitely return if we visited the area again. If you were going there for a romantic dinner, the decor is good but it was quite noisy when we were there.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank scricey
Reno, Nevada
“awesome food, even better service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2014

Stumbled upon this gem after enjoying a few at the philosopher club (bar) up the street. The place wasn't too crowded at about 6p, we were sat right away, and started with some wine and some appetizers, at which time we started talking with the owner, who was amazing and took over the ordering and brought us plate after plate of amazing food, along with perfectly paired delicious wines. He was a joy to talk to and we really enjoyed the meal and the conversation. We finished with an awesome dessert, and for no good reason, he comped us a good portion of the bill (and we tipped commensurately) but I was duly impressed as we were visiting as out-of-towners and he really didn't have to do that for us. What a guy! We had a great time and truly this review is past due. Thanks again Bursa!

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Sharon W
Los Angeles, California
“Original Choice is crowded market”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 December 2013

We arrived at 7pm on a Saturday and were notified it was a 30 minute wait. Given the bar was full, the owner took my cell while grabbing a drink down the street. A table opened early and he was courteous to hold our table for an extra 15 minutes so we could finish our drink.

Upon arriving you notice this restaurant has a strong local following. Their menu selection is filled with a mix of recognizable dishes and original items you've never tried. I'd recommend the combo appetizer platter for first time visitors. It's a generous portion for up to 4 people and it's all very tasty. I tried the Beyti which was like nothing I had had before. It had an amazing presentation with a great mild lamb flavor. I also tried my cousins Musakka which was the most flavorful I had ever had. The other most noteworthy item were the Cigar pastries.

Atmosphere was average for noise and tables were close together. The restaurant is fast to serve and is quick when turning tables, but not obnoxiously so. All in all, Bursa would be a regular if I were a Bay Area resident.

• Visited November 2013