“Fantastic location, great staff, an overall bargain.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Worldmark San Francisco

Worldmark San Francisco
GreenLeadersBronze level
Irvine, California
“Fantastic location, great staff, an overall bargain.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 February 2014

Having lived in and visited San Francisco over the years I have found hotel rooms there to be a bit cramped, unless you are willing to pay $400 plus a night. I was skeptical at first as to how comfortable a timeshare location could be in an expensive destination like SF. However, I was very pleasantly surprised as to how comfortable and relatively spacious the accommodation here was. The close proximity to Union Square and city parking across the street was a big plus. However, the staff was what made the stay extremely pleasant. I highly recommend this location. By the way, we have stayed here 3 times in the past six years, and we have never had a bad experience.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank andrewhdo
WorldMark W, Social Media Team at Worldmark San Francisco, responded to this review, 18 February 2014
Thank you for taking the time to provide this feedback. We are so glad you found your stay with us to be comfortable and spacious. We also appreciate your kind words regarding our staff and your recommendation for future guests to visit. Again, thank you for reaching out and we look forward to your next visit.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
los angeles
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 February 2014

I should have reviewed this place long time ago. I have been to this location at least 4 times in 2013 (Feb, May, Nov and Dec). Each time I had great stay. You can't go wrong with this location, close to everything,Stockton garage is right in front of the hotel. This place is so convenient for shopping or conference -next to china town, financial district, Union square,walk to Mascone center is quite easy too. Although this is older property but I think their service makes it up for it for sure. The room is always clean, staff always attentive. Never had any issue with anyone.
Yes, I did have some issue since it is older property such as elevator not working on some of my stay, walking up the 8th floor was challenging at a time but was not a big deal. I was also impacted when they had to shut down due to major plumbing issue, but Worldmark contacted me and I opted to change my stay to later date.Did not encounter any problem like the other reviewer. But I guess the difference is I called them prior to arrival to make sure the property was in operation - I was there on the day they re-opened after long closure. I had a wonderful stay. This property really makes it worthwhile for my Worldmark timeshare ownership. Will be back soon!

Room Tip: Higher floor facing back is quieter than facing Bush street.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank sj O
Thank you for taking the time to provide this feedback. We are glad you have enjoyed our resort each time you visit. We are sorry to hear you experienced some difficulties with the elevator maintenance during your stay. Please know this is not our Wyndham standards. We strive to provide a home away from home to all our guests with satisfactory facilities and accommodations. We will ensure that our maintenance crew checks on the issue to eliminate any future occurrences. Again, thank you for reaching out and we look forward to your next visit.
San Clemente, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 February 2014 via mobile

My husband and I came with our 1 year old daughter and 8 of his family members who vacationed from France. The rooms were very nice, clean and came equipped with everything we needed on our short stay. The location is perfect and there are lots of things to see and do within walking distance.
Worldmark offered coupons for local restaurants and we used one for 15% off at Uncle Vito's, 1 block away. Awesome.
We really enjoyed our time and plan to return. The only thing we didn't care for was the valet parking. You have to wait 35-40 minutes for your vehicle. If you're pressed for time then this is something to consider when choosing to pay for 24 Hour valet. I suggest calling the front desk well in advance. Although there are a plethora of choices for public transportation, we chose to use our vehicle because of our 1yr old daughter. On a positive note, the night before we checked out, we requested to have our vehicle out front at 6am and it was ready and waiting.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank HappyTravelersTandB
WorldMark W, Social Media Team at Worldmark San Francisco, responded to this review, 13 February 2014
Thank you for taking the time to provide this feedback. We are glad you enjoyed the unit amenities and resort location. It’s great that you were able to utilize the coupons for local restaurants. We apologize for any frustrations with our parking set up. We know that this part of the vacation process should be convenient and within close proximity to our property. Our goal is to make each part of the vacation experience satisfactory. Your feedback will allow us to continue improving upon our property accommodations. Again thank you for reaching out and we look forward to your next visit.
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 December 2013 via mobile

Still waiting to be reimbursed for October, doesn't look like it will ever happen. Like 'Disaster' post, I made reservations months in advance for October marathon. When my friend and I arrived, the place was shut down due to maintenance issue that happened weeks prior to our arrival and I was never notified. Had to find another place to stay, while 30,000 other marathon runners were in town and hotels were booked and price gouging. Worst nightmare for destination runner. No sign of reimbursement in sight.

Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank AAFallon
WorldMark W, Social Media Team at Worldmark San Francisco, responded to this review, 3 January 2014
Thank you for taking the time to provide this feedback. We are so sorry to hear about the maintenance issues that took place while you were visiting for the marathon. We know this provided a major inconvenience on your trip. We will review your inquiry regarding reimbursement and follow up. Again, thanks for reaching out.
Fremont, New Hampshire
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 November 2013

I had rented a room for 3 nights back in April of 2013 for nov, 2013. When my husband and I arrived after a very long flight we were greeted by security guards, the hotel had been closed for 2 months because of a flood. We were never notified.The Wyndham world mark did find us another room but not in the area and they would not pay for the room ,we were told to pay up front and Wyndham would pay us back . We were told the unit we had rented had been sold and the new owners canceled our reservation so therefor Wyndham was not going to pay us for our extra expenses. Nobody tried to reach us about the flood or the cancelation !They were nice over the phone but really did not care that we had been strandard and put out. what a disaster.
It was our 30th anniversary.

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Diane S
WorldMark W, Social Media Team at Worldmark San Francisco, responded to this review, 23 November 2013
Hi Diane,

Thank you for taking the time to provide this review. We sincerely apologize for the negative experience you had regarding your scheduled vacation to celebrate your 3th anniversary. We are glad we were able to relocate you to another property; however we know this caused an inconvenience in your vacation. We apologize for any confusion and will work to better communicate important information, such as this, through additional channels in the future. Please rest assured that we are looking into this concern. Again, thanks for taking the time to reach out.
Chico, Ca
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 November 2013 via mobile

We stayed here to go to a Giants game in July 2013. While it is in a odd spot,over an overpass, it is right by Union Square, Chinatown and North Beach. We parked across the street and walked everywhere. Rooms were nice, like an old fashioned city hotel. Beds were comfy and lobby staff were friendly. Nice coffee/tea set up and mini fridge. Rooms were very clean.

Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Sacramento, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 September 2013

we also stay there every year. rooms are a little small, but staffs were very nice. the gym could be better but in SF you can't really ask for too much the reasonable price you pay. close to Chinatown and UnionSquare

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business