“Very nice hotel, with nice grounds”

Hyatt Regency Saipan
Ranked #1 of 36 Hotels in Saipan
Tokyo, Japan
“Very nice hotel, with nice grounds”
Reviewed 20 April 2010

This is a very nice hotel. The grounds are beautiful and the hotel offers a relaxing environment. There is a nice beach and pool. The rooms were very comfortable. The Hyatt for ($180/night) was much better than the other hotel I stayed at on Saipan (the Hafadai for $100/night), and while a bit more expensive, it was well worth it. I will deffinitely go back to the Hyatt any time I'm in Saipan.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
San Francisco, CA
Reviewed 4 January 2010

This hotel was fantastic. The room itself was spacious and very clean and the view of the ocean from the balcony could not be beat. Every staffer that I encountered was extremely kind and helpful. The private beach is lovely. The hotel grounds are delighful. The morning I arrived, I had breakfast at the outdoor restaurant (which was a little expensive), a warm breeze blew, Enya was on the stereo system, and plumeria floated down from the trees and landed at my feet. It was a but surreal. I ate that the hotel's Itlaian restaurant which was quite good. The location is also great, in walking distance to shopping and other restaurants. In addition, there is a street food festival on Thursdays adjacent to the hotel. I had a delightful stay here.

There were only a few minor cons - such as the high cost of the restaurants and the fact that the pools closed at sunset.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled on business
the road
Reviewed 11 December 2009

The hotel's location is wonderful - off a private beach, and walking distance to shops.
The hotel was ordinary (we stayed in the old wing) but the room was spacious, with a basic small bathroom, and a nice balcony.

The real glory of this hotel is its garden - 14 acres, wonderful shallow lakes stocked with fish and visited by reef herons, trees full of birds and frogs on the lawns at night. Pathways through the garden provide access and a charming place to wander. The beach is delightful, too, and its on the reef side so it's relatively protected.

Service was pleasant and friendly, though at times seemed a little stretched. We only ate at the verandah cafe, which had a lovely setting and helpful staff. The hotel offered us a late checkout, which was useful.

I didn't have my computer, but the Blackberry worked fine. Enough for on-site research.

Saipan's a bit down-at-heel now, with the economic bust, but its tropical-island-gorgeousness is not dependent on the economy. We went on a very worthwhile submarine ride to see reef-fish and a WWII wreck. We also hired a car and drove around the island, returning it at the airport. It's a small, efficient airport.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled on business
California
Reviewed 7 December 2009

I rented a suite for several days. Each day the employees will ask me my room number and proof that I am staying at the hotel. I was constantly harassed by the employees. Several times, I was getting food from the free buffet during breakfast, I was question what I was doing there? They assumed I sneak into the suite section and I was not suppose to be there.

I went down to the pool and I ordered mixed drinks. The pool attendant ignored my order, assuming that I was a local that was not staying at the hotel. I decided to check out of the hotel and stay at another hotel. I could not believe that Hyatt Hotel will do such thing to a local living in the Mainland United States. I guest I was prejudge by what I wore while staying at the hotel and I promised myself that the CNMI (Mariana Islands) Legislature will hear my predicaments.

• Liked — The view was great.
  • Disliked — The hotel staff was unforgiving, constantly harassing me for proof that I paid for my room.
  • Stayed April 2009, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
9 Thank tinian3
Saipan, Mariana Islands
Reviewed 10 November 2009

My wife works in Saipan and I work in the Bahamas. For several months of the year, both of us are together in one place or the other.
We know the hotel scene in Saipan quite well. The fact that there is a tourist business keeps the level of service/food from plummeting on island. In our estimate, the Hyatt is by far the best of the lot, especially when it comes to food services. Our favourite is the Miyako, the Japanese restaurant -- the very best. The buffets change regularly and the level of service is Daiichi! Our second choice, there has to be a second and not too firsts is Giovanni's - always true Italian -- esp the Friday and Sunday buffets. The Kili has buffets all the time - the French themed suppers and the very best.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple
Castle Rock, Colorado
Reviewed 9 November 2009

Beautiful beach, nice and calm. Excellent sunsets!
Rooms are dated in the hotel wing I was assigned. However, there is apparently a 'new' section.
Dinner buffet was very good. Fresh seafood (grilled lobster). Sunday brunch is said to be remarkable.
Beds are rock hard, which I prefer, so this was a big plus.

Looking forward to my next visit - missing the sunsets!

Stayed August 2008, travelled solo
Yokohama, Japan
Reviewed 1 November 2008

Very good. My wife and I had a 3 night/4 day trip from the 28th to 31st of October. We booked the South Wing based on reviews on Trip Advisor and I must say it was worth it. So too was the Deluxe room and make sure you go for the 'Awaken' package which gives you access to a great breakfast. Ask for a room on the 5th floor or higher and as close to the (nice) beach as possible. Views are pleasant. Mistakes over previously booked champagne on arrival were remedied with complimentary champagne - never a bad thing! The Teppanyaki restaurant is good and the French Buffet night was great. The Spa at the Hyatt is new (Sagua) and the hour and a half Swedish massage for 90 bucks was well worth it. The hotel is right down town, a 10 minute walk to the only shops worth going to. Gym is free and OK. The only quibbles were being asked to pay 30 bucks for tennis, 10 bucks for snorkelling gear and the incredibly annoying scam of asking for 20 dollars per person for airport taxi pick up / drop off. Either take 2 taxis for 20 each to teach them a lesson or get one from outside for USD$25! A good trip for a couple looking to relax, or anyone just looking to chill for a few days. A few days is enough.

• Liked — Good location. Good restaurant food available. Relaxing atmosphere. Friendly staff.
  • Disliked — Taxi rip off (per person charging) for airport transfers.
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank YokohamaGeezer