“Best Food In Town”

Ranked #21 of 83 Restaurants in Del Rio
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 3 November 2013

I first ate here 31 years ago when My brother got married in Del Rio. It was really good then, and is still just as good today. I travel here often and always make Don Marcelinos a frequent stop.

1  Thank James P

Reviewed 10 October 2013

I just don't care for this place. They seem to be more interested in opening and closing locations than they do in just putting out good food. It's not Tex-Mex and it's not Mexican. It is probably closer to not very good Mexican than anything else but of the oodles of places that we have eaten in Mexico, we've never had such mediocre food. It's not horrible. It just makes you wish you had eaten somewhere else.

2  Thank dnola
Reviewed 9 August 2013

We always stop at Don Marcelino's when visiting Del RIO. I love the pico nachos. Staff nice and friendly. only wish they'd have free refills. Drinks can get expensive.

Reviewed 14 July 2013

This is Del Rio. The majority pf the restaurants are "Mexican" This is but one of many and certainly not the best. The food is adequate. The service is so-so. The atmosphere is unimpressive. If you are looking for some tapatias or enchiladas for lunch. this is a good place. The food is quick and tasty and inexpensive. It is hardly the place to take a date to impress her. (Unless you want to feed her cheaply and quickly so you can get to the important stuff faster. NOTE: if you take her here, there may not BE any important stuff...)

Reviewed 12 May 2013

My Dad and I stopped here during a recent fishing trip to Lake Amistad. After driving around looking for a dinner spot, we noticed Marcelino's had good crowd. The food was surprisingly good. I say surprisingly because I know good mexican food and I wasn't expecting to find it in Del Rio. I had the lengua plate which was very tasty, others may find it too spicy, but I thougt it was just right. The service was friendly and the price was not bad. The tacos, and catfish plate special were pretty good also. I wanted to try the breakfast because the pictures on the menu looked good, and if they were anywhere close to the dinner, I'm sure it would not disappoint.

Been to Don Marcelino's? Share your experiences!