“Great Mexican Food”

Ranked #30 of 83 Restaurants in Del Rio
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 23 June 2014

This is a great place to eat some delicious authentic Mexican food. The prices are quite reasonable. The service was very good, but the food was fantastic. I encourage you to try the Carne Guisada plate. The restaurant has a fun and colorful atmosphere and you can dine in very casual attire. I highly recommend this restaurant.

1  Thank Rocky V

Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

Our visit was for lunch, Sat, June 14, 2014. My wife & I ordered & paid for our meals first, before we sat at our table. Person taking our order was indifferent, unfriendly; no greeting or welcome. Wait staff unattentive, also unfriendly. My wife's meal was served much later than mine. My meal looked sloppily prepared; did not look appetizing. Refried beans looked old & was tasteless. My rice had a burnt taste. The ground beef in my meal was watery. My wife's catfish was OK. When my wife went into the womens room, one of the waitresses was also in there; after the waitress used the toilet, she did not wash her hands before leaving the room. Finally, about 2 hours after eating my meal, I had the runs; Mexican food has never affected me like this before. I do not recommend this resturant.

2  Thank Fred S
Reviewed 9 June 2014

My husband and I ate here because our desk clerk recommended it as great Mexican food. I could not eat mine. The enchiladas were covered in a blanket of rubbery, greasy cheese. The refried beans had no flavor, and the rice was just OK. My husband said his combination platter was so-so. It is hard to rate service because you place your order at a counter and it is delivered to your table. That is the last we saw of a server. I will not go here again and would not recommend it to my enemy. (2 stars because my husband said it was nor horrible).

3  Thank yodab
Reviewed 28 May 2014

My favorite spot when I go home to DR. I always have to stop at Marcelino's to remind me of real Mexican food. Just a great memory to have before I hit the road again, you just can't go wrong with anything on their menu. Not the best of service tho, the lady behind the counter is always rude and doesn't smile.

1  Thank TexasTravelbug50
Reviewed 21 May 2014

When going to Don Marcelino's expect only what they do well. Guisado!!!
I can only give them 4 stars for the guisado because it is phenomenal. BUT it ends there. Don't eat breakfast, disappointing. Don't eat tacos, greasy. Make sure you order your chips and salsa when you order at the annoying cashier as you enter. YES, they charge $2.70 for said chips and salsa although you just ordered food, but it will save you the walk and they are worth it.
Again, only order the guisado! Everything else, eh...
Every time I come to Del Rio, was stationed here 30 years ago, I go to Don Marcelino's. Learned years ago to only go to the original one.
I was cheated today on my check by $2 plus change, no receipt ever given, so I can't name exactly where. ASK for your receipt. I forgive them, I think the cashier charged regular price for the daily special versus the discount price, catfish. It was edible, fresh, okay, nothing special.

1  Thank Lea Z